Fishing hole danger

That's quite the stretch. Someone who can't swim should most definitely wear a PFD on the ice?

You can't drive into a large hole if you're driving according to the conditions. Can't see well? You're driving too fast. Fresh snow? Best walk instead of driving.

Your kids won't fall into a hole if you're leading and they're behind you and inspect your fishing area, as it should ALWAYS be with kids on the ice.

After 30+ years and hundreds of trips on the ice, common sense has kept me from taking a polar dip?
Yes. But. I would bet you are liable for the hole you cut… not likely anyone would prove it but if someone dies in the whole you cut I would imagine there would be a police investigation, lawyers, etc. Yes, always be careful on the ice but know if you cut a huge hole you are probably liable because you created the hazard.

Do I agree? Not entirely. Do I think you need a big hole. Nope. That is silly. Like fart cannons on Honda civics.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks