Fishing for information, pun intended.

Hooked on Ice

My sister is planning on coming to the Aylmer area from Saskatchewan in August with her 4 children age 3-10. Her 5 year old son just recently convinced her to buy him a fishing rod, he's been out shore fishing once so far with one of his friends and the friend's father. He apparently loved casting and reeling in, hasn't caught anything thus far. My sister knows I fish when I have opportunity to do so, she's strongly hinted that I can take him fishing when they're down here, which I'll be more than glad to do. She was also wondering if I have access to a boat for all of them and myself, which I don't. Just looking for recommendations what would be the best route to go here, I mentioned to her that there are charters operating out of our local Ports and I'll see what I can find. I believe the best dates will be August 10-15. They're heading back home shortly after the 15th.

If you can't find a charter for those dates, they used to rent boats in longpoint down by the old cut. I haven't been there in a few years so I don't know if they still do that or not.

there is fishing charters and fish to catch in erieau..
the erieau derby was cancelled, so you might get lucky and find one
heres a good charter cleaning a big box of pics early am last july...
erieau summer walleyes july 24 2019 025.jpg erieau summer walleyes july 24 2019 026.jpg

There’s lots of charter guys out of Bruce and Burwell, and they still rent boats out at Old cut livery.

You are taking a 5 year old on a day charter? My experience with kids is they love catching pan fish from shore or a dock and having snacks and something to drink for about 30-60 min.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks