Fishers In Norfolk

trky chsr

Went shed hunting in a cedar swamp close to the lake when I noticed some movement 75yds away. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a Fisher. I had binoculars and got a really good look at it especially when it climbed a downed tree and looked at me. I didn't know they were this far south. I called the Ministry to let them know. It looks like there were a pair as there were two sets of tracks close together. I had to google them to see if it was that or a Pine Martin and it was definitely a Fisher. Pretty cool! TC

And no, I didn't find any sheds:(

Interesting ? I wouldn't doubt it. I have talked to a couple of people from Long Point who swear they have seen River Otters there. Seen a report that Ohio reintroduced them to their watersheds years ago and now have a trapping season for them. As usual by the time you pull out your Smartphone to take a pic they disappear. LoL !

I was out looking for sheds Saturday, stalked up to 60yds on the buck I'm targeting next year. He still had antlers. Pulled one of my cameras and it had pics of all the bucks (I know of) in the area and they were all still holding. Except a forkie that lost the left side.

Here are a couple of pics of a Norfolk fisher that I caught on the trail cam. It was in the Turkey Point/ St. Williams area.

Attachments

• fisher picture (2).JPG
    fisher picture (2).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • fisher picture.JPG
    fisher picture.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
Interesting ? I wouldn't doubt it. I have talked to a couple of people from Long Point who swear they have seen River Otters there. Seen a report that Ohio reintroduced them to their watersheds years ago and now have a trapping season for them. As usual by the time you pull out your Smartphone to take a pic they disappear. LoL !

i saw a picture a little over a week ago of a river otter that was trapped at one of the hunt clubs on lake st Clair

I seen one of those up close moose hunting, north of Kap. They are all teeth and attitude. I didn't realize they were this far south. I am really going to gave to keep my eyes open this fall.

We have more Beavers here in Southern Ontario than you can shake a stick at. They have taken up residence in all creeks and major ditches. Next will be otters. Otters are in the Grand Bend region right now.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks