Fish Locators

LongLines

I'm looking to purchase a decent locator. I use a handheld Garmin for my GPS, but wondering what a good sonar would be to locate those fish in Burwell. The fish finder I use now only shows big black blobs which I take for bait fish. Maybe they are eyes, even sheep. If anyone can help on what I should be looking for would be greatly appreciated. Not looking to break the bank but something in the $300-500 range would be a good start. Thanks.

I recently upgraded from a lowrance 522c gps and fishfinder together.I got the new version and I'm not so sure it was an upgrade,(too many functions that I just don't need). Anyway I traded it in to Jos at angling outfitters in Woodstock,and he had tons of old decks there that would be perfect for you ,in my opinion.Plus Jos is very good to deal with in my experience.

go see Jos for sure. Quite a few good used heads there as well as some new more inexpensive models.
Jos is the guy to see when it comes to electronics.
my Lowrance elite 5c is a real nice unit.

I concur with the Elite 5. I purchased one last summer. Works great Ccolour LCD screen and the system is easy to use.

Hello, could you tell me how much these elite 5 units are worth and where you guys bought your units? Also do these units have built in maps of lake erie? Thanks chris.

Thanks for the replies guys. Journeyed to Woodstock this morning and picked up the Elite 5. His price was $549, very comparable to Bass Pro and Gander Mountain exept he has the know how to set it up and explain it to you in store. Will definitely deal there again.

Thanks Long Lines, does that unit have built in maps of ontario lakes or do you have to buy a chip to get lake details? Also was that price all in or plus tax? Thanks I was told that (woodstock) was the place to go, thanks for the info chris.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks