Fish hawk users?

I use the X4 and it’s nice to know the speed at the ball while fishing at the Elbow. I’ve changed out my Lowrance transducer to the Airmar TM150 which made a huge improvement on the screen display.
As Tim Allen use to say "more power" is always good.

We got last season. I was surprised how different the ball speed is compared to the surface speed. Sometimes it’s the same and sometimes 2 mph different. We even use it when we are just using dipsy divers and led core. We just drop a ball down to the average depth the gear is running.

Temp is secondary. Speed at the ball for sure. On a good day, not really a necessity But on days where you're struggling to find the magic depth/temp and speed at the ball, it is a handy tool.

Do you guys always try to keep speed at the ball the same? Like on days where it’s the same as speed over ground vs when it’s way different? For example will you go 4.5mph sped over ground if that’s what it takes to make your ball speed be 2.5? Or is 4.5 too fast no matter ball speed

I won't fish without mine. Lets you dial in the exact speed your going no matter what direction your headed. My 2nd fav item next to my auto pilot.

I won't fish without mine. Lets you dial in the exact speed your going no matter what direction your headed. My 2nd fav item next to my auto pilot.
Once I got the evil spirits voodood out of my A/P, I'd go along with the above statement. :eek: :oops:😁

Just installed one. Looking forward to using it. I fish all these spots mentioned. Lake Ontario, the Elbow and the tip of the Point when weather is good. There are days we do well and others not so much. I'm hoping it helps me dial it all in when days are slow. For Salmon temp currents and for Erie currents. Couple more days and hope to be out for Browns and Salmon.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks