Fish finder mounting options

Minnownite

Best mount available to suit my needs? I attached a pic of my dash. I would like to use it when trolling and casting up front (so I want to be able to turn/swivel) but the windshield has made it difficult. The current fish finder will be going and I'm using my Lowrance hook7. Any ideas would be appreciated. 20190312_201413.jpg to20190312_201434.jpg

The Ram swing arm like others mentioned is really decent for the $$$ The actual normal ram mounts are pure JUNK especially when the waves of Erie are involved

Ryan

The Ram swing arm like others mentioned is really decent for the $$$ The actual normal ram mounts are pure JUNK especially when the waves of Erie are involved

Ryan
So with the standard ball style mounts, are you saying that in rougher water they come loose? Just curious as I just bought a Scotty ball mount for my new Helix 7.

And the ram mount will allow it to sit inside the windshield and still be able to turn around so I can use it upfront? Anyone have a pic they could share?

So with the standard ball style mounts, are you saying that in rougher water they come loose? Just curious as I just bought a Scotty ball mount for my new Helix 7.
Even the large "D" size ram which is a 2.25" ball wouldnt hole my HDS 9 Lowrance in ruff water. I went with an expensive aluminum mount but know many that run the Ram Swing Arm with no issues....the others work great on calm water but move with all the bouncing no mater how tight you make them

My HDS9 has had issues staying locked in place with the ram ball mount (and it’s the bigger size) when the lake is rocking..... I’m in the process of trying to find a different set up for that particular unit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks