Off Topic Fish Batter

i too use the clubhouse english style batter mix from sobeys but i use beer as a liquid,,,beer at room temperature removes alot of the bubbles....coat then fry 3-5 minutes in canola oil.....

My brother does something similar as per post #18 but we used perch and baked at 350 F for 10-15 minutes {depending on fillet size] egg dredged with corn flake crumbs. Some Pam on the cooking sheet too. A healthier alternative to deep frying ?

Zatarain's fish fry, but can only get in the US. Sams Club or order on Amazon.
Put Zatarain's in a bowl that has a lid, dampen your filet pieces with water, put a hand full of fish pieces in and shake, take pieces out and lay on a cookie sheets ahead of time, put sheets in the fridge to let the coating stick-dry to filets before your going to have your fry. Now that all your fish is coated, now all that has to be done is deep fry in oil, batches at a time and place on another sheet pan with paper towel in the warm setting of your oven.
I do this every year on our annual group fishing trip 10 hungry fishing buddies.
OH and before hand I blanch my fresh cut fries and do the second plunge after fish is all done.
Everyone gets to sit done and chow down at the same time.
But the cook is always generally full taste testing while cooking (y) ?:D

Zatarans is from gretna la. Dlvrd there a couple times

Lots of easy batter recipes on internet.
I use something similar to Fish Crisp from Walmart in USA.
Louisana Fish Fry $1.40 US bag
Fish Crisp is $5.99 in Canada.

Attachments

• 20190914_124812.jpg
    20190914_124812.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 23
I have never seen this in stores, where do you get it. Always looking for something new to try
Lambeth Rod and tackle sells "Taylors one step" it is like shake and bake for fish. It is sold out of Wheatley and takes first place amongst friends and family. They have a website. no egg wash just add fish shake in bag and deep fry.

Lambeth Rod and tackle sells "Taylors one step" it is like shake and bake for fish. It is sold out of Wheatley and takes first place amongst friends and family. They have a website. no egg wash just add fish shake in bag and deep fry.
Thank you I will definitely give it a try

two bags of regular fish crisp , 1 bag of cajun fish crisp , little bit of celery salt
mix well
put a couple scoops of mixture in a bowl , add your fillets (I prefer cutting them in nugget size) toss until lightly coated
deep fry
sprinkle lemon pepper on them when then come out of the fryer
enjoy !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks