First week of shotgun / muzzle loader

Fshrmn4life

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
How'd everyone's first day go today?

4 down 5 to go in 91B
Nice just came from a buddies who had 2 small bucks (6 and a 7) hanging from 92b. Young group who branched off to form their on group a few years ago and I'll definitely continue on together in the future. Bunch of eager and determined kids

I think we are rationed at one per day ? Last couple of years we would be done by now... oh well... lot's of time left.
Same
I’ve seen lots of bucks just been out of range

Make adjustments to where I’m sitting then see them over there on that side of the field lol how she goes

We always wait until December as I have seen to many first hunts seemingly turn into world war 3 with so many hunters out.

For those who’re hunting solo or prefer sitting, gather intel on any groups hunting your area and use them to your advantage. Let them dog the deer in your direction where you’re sitting in wait. Probably 1/3 of the deer we’ve shot were driven towards us by other groups hunting surrounding concessions….

By Wednesday we filled 4 out of 5 tags, 1 button buck, one good size Doe and two 6 pointers. We use tree stands a lot on my private property but have other adjoining spots to shoot. I/we have always shot the November hunt so as to not be a bother to the farmers in December.

Gotta go ! One more tag to fill !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks