First troll on erie this year...

When @Josh Roelofsen posts a report, usually it turns into a "Dont F with Cats" movie on Netflix.

I did notice though that when Josh took that one picture. He was facing north so that tells me he's on the Canadian side. Thats 50% of Erie covered off on the Westside. Can someone get me wave height at his first post today?

Congrats Josh.

Thank you @SouthernOntariosportsman . Well... I could figure this one out based on the temperature map.

I don't mean to be offensive, I understand when people have their secret spots in an inland small lakes, etc but on Great Lakes there is no such thing, there is enough fish for everyone. I mean, there are reports from 20-23fow bites ... I always create my report following these few simple steps.

1. Go get fish, don't forget to take pics
2. Throw the pics on the Channel 68 and make everyone envy and salivating on them
3. Say where you were, what depth, what was biting, and given all the shit with the boat launch closures, say where you launched the boat (basically I care about the last one).
4. Optional: don't use a few key triggering words such as "Russian", "Putin", etc 🙂

I'm not offended what so ever,
every year is the same. soon as the dandelions start, so does the travel back into lake for first groups of walleye,
let's just say there are plenty of walters this year again.
I don't care for someones gps spots either, i stay away from boats and packs, i find my own fish with my own techniques, that's the fun of fishing for me.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in the batter used...looks delicious. Not too thick, not too thin and fried to a perfect golden brown.

What was the oil temp Josh?
The oil type?
Did you batter with left hand or right?

I'll never say where I launch. No need to send traffic to a specific launch when the fish are spread out over a large area and accessible from many launches. An overcrowded launch is as bad as an overcrowded fishing hole.....

Josh

I'm more interested in the batter used...looks delicious. Not too thick, not too thin and fried to a perfect golden brown.

What was the oil temp Josh?
The oil type?
Did you batter with left hand or right?
Pop's favourite, fish crisp beer batter......not necessarily my first choice but pretty good!

Just let us know when they are in the Maitland area🎣🎣
There was several boats fishing upriver from port Maitland for walleye on the weekend.....pretty sure its closed tho!? I'd imagine they should be dropping out of the river and putting on the feed bag with the temps we saw Saturday....

There was several boats fishing upriver from port Maitland for walleye on the weekend.....pretty sure its closed tho!? I'd imagine they should be dropping out of the river and putting on the feed bag with the temps we saw Saturday....
Uh huh. Saw them myself and very closed season right now. Unless they were trolling for cats. :rolleyes:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks