Fishing Report First perch outing this year May 24/019

packrat

wasn't sure what lake conditions would be like after yesterdays weather but took a chance anyway. surprise not bad at all---in fact down right decent. made the a"pier"ance on the Dover pier around 6ish. not many there to start and not a lot going on either. stayed til 10ish--saw a few nice jumbos caught--we ended up with only six but they were good size. good way to start the season. partner had 4--I had the other 2----too close to call whos' was bigger :p :ROFLMAO:

Well Gord, getting there early didn't help all that much. Wayne (Fishbuster) has been doing OK but he's a resident pro at the Pier. The day Albert and I tried it we didn't do much and most of the regulars who started earlier had decent numbers. Wayne couldn't fish that morning so we couldn't compare with him.

Well Gord, getting there early didn't help all that much. Wayne (Fishbuster) has been doing OK but he's a resident pro at the Pier. The day Albert and I tried it we didn't do much and most of the regulars who started earlier had decent numbers. Wayne couldn't fish that morning so we couldn't compare with him.

looked for Wayne while we were there---know him to see him. was a brief flurry of action for about an hour after we got there then it slowed right down. guys that managed to use emeralds were doing well---all we had were creek minnows but for a change they were working alright---couldn't buy a hit on salties

to tell the truth was thinking it might have been a good day to be at Bruce

Don't waste the gas Gord. There is NOTHING happening yet at Bruce. Cats, whites, silvers, suckers, a few smelt here and there, a pike yesterday (I was there and saw it, even know the nice lady who caught it and the guy she gave it too lol) even the farm animals aren't really there like they usually are. I thought about going today, but since I was there yesterday and know nothing was happening, I decided to stay home today. Maybe later this week or early next I'll go try again weather permitting.

at this rate will
Don't waste the gas Gord. There is NOTHING happening yet at Bruce. Cats, whites, silvers, suckers, a few smelt here and there, a pike yesterday (I was there and saw it, even know the nice lady who caught it and the guy she gave it too lol) even the farm animals aren't really there like they usually are. I thought about going today, but since I was there yesterday and know nothing was happening, I decided to stay home today. Maybe later this week or early next I'll go try again weather permitting.
at this rate will be checking out Dover and my fall location before I make the trek down there

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks