fishin trips jan 22,28 & feb 1st 2019

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
couple pics to share..
first light out 25+ miles on the blue water off salinas ecuador...ya it was choppy this mornin on full moon challenging conditions...hey we give er a good go...more to come..

Last edited:
thanks for the likes...ya we got a car and were carrying on up the coast ...with plenty of new territory..i am sure will kick it up a notch soon..

couple pics to share..
first light out 25+ miles on the blue water off salinas ecuador...ya it was choppy this mornin on full moon challenging conditions...hey we give er a good go...more to come..

View attachment 12203

.View attachment 12202
Darn @mick!! I thought that I was about to read a post about ice fishing on long point bay!! I guess that I was wrong!! :banghead::(:cautious: LOL :ROFLMAO:Enjoy your trip down south,and don’t get a sunburn!! (y):cool:

its good to read the ice fishin has finally started on LPB & LSC with safe ice & catchin fish..thats the way it should be...
I been down here for over 2 months (mostly colombia) i am not home sick...but now I miss runnin my quad & also eatin some of my game meats...but thats it...I am stayin down here in the tropics till the end of April(28)...honestly its beautiful down here...everything is very good..
ya we ate half of that dorado (mahi mahi) BBQ & fried last night..excellent

Last edited:
thanks for the pic's - nice change from the snow and ice.

Just to share..so heres our fishin update..
We left Puerto Lopez pier at 4:10 am on the Rosita (nice boat)...after traveling 60+km WSW on light wind conditions we reach the deep blue marlin waters Capt Charlie fishes...
we jigged for Amberjacks for the first hour...1 for 2 (15 Lbers).. then we started trollin a typical 4 rod spread.. 2 outside marlin baits off the outriggers and 2 inside dorado baits...
heres a few morning highlights in order....we see a couple sharks with the fins above the surface ...then several schools of dolphins porpoising..nice.. and then a whale and we got a good close look coming up for air...that killed the mornin
ok heres the action ..finally we spot a dorado up top off to the side...circled around and fish on...#1 mate Alex grabs the rod & seconds later it lets go...an hour later I spot a marlin off to the side feeding quickly...and ya I sure let the crew know...then quickly circling around the marlin comes tearing right across our spread and hits the outside bait and the rod just bounced & rocked in the deck rod holder hard.. omg ya no hook up as the line didnt catapult off the outrigger like it should...I was bummed out..ya a mid size striped marlin..like they have been catching a few..and some big ones..

so anyway we troll for another hour....and i thought stay out & fish..so I cut a good deal with Charlie for fuel cost & time to feed the twin 140 suzuki OBs..

we trolled another hour and then pulled the spread and headed into an area of blue water he fishes dorado, yellow fin tuna & grouper..so we got out the XXL deep rapalas & medium size level winds and trolled a 4 rod spread..finally.. we get a tremedous big hit and the rod went down so hard it snapped 80Lb braid like thread...yep a giant grouper...and steals a $50 rapala..honestly that hurt..now its pushin 5 pm.. so anyway we keep trolling & pick up a small amberjack..we carry on & get a triple at sunset with 2 barracudas & a trigger fish...lol..
we packed up & and it was a long trip back...arriving at the pier at 7:50 pm...15 hrs 40 min trip...
so that just about sums it up...I can post some pics later..

Last edited:
That's fishing, some days you hammer them and others it's a struggle... but in a boat, on the water in the sun hey even those days are still great fun trying. Nice report @mick and look forward to seeing the pics. (y):)

heres a few pics of our fishin trip..,tried to load the short videos of the dolphins & whale..i will get my gf to try later...
ya the small barracudas hit the 2 smaller rapalas...

ecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 861.jpg ecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 712.jpg ecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 767.jpgecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 790.jpgecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 841.jpg

the last pic is when we got back to the pier...ya I am sleep walkin up from the dock...lol

Last edited:
absoulutely @Wave Runner thats fishin...I really thought it would pay off and stay out & fish...Hey we finally got some good action goin...all i can say is that marlin tearing across our spread in the turn and miss the hookup..unbelievable..

Hey we went down to Capt. Charlies shop yesterday infront of the pier and booked another fishin trip for Friday...lol..

just to mention..puerto lopez is a really nice small pacific coastal fishin town surrounded by mountains covered with lush tropical jungle...its quiet & peaceful...other then the big one day dorado tournament on saturday that rocked the town with great entertainment almost right infront of our hotel.. ya a 48lber won first price.. ...ya the people are friendly & the price is right..and the fresh fish here is delicious...the corvina fillets (sea bass) are my favourite..we have ate snook, snapper, prawns & shrimp..the comfortable weather is 28 to 30C with evening lows of around 22...swimming on the beach is refreshing...ya were stayin here for a while..

heres a few pics...the dorado below won the tournament...and theres the Manta singers/dancers after.. checking out a marlin bait..lol..now they were good & and it was a fun day..

ecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 563.jpgecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 516.jpgecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 651.jpgecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 620.jpgecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 606.jpg

Attachments

• ecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 670.jpg
    ecuador 2019 SAMSUNG TRANSFER 670.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
WOW Mick, I'm interested in getting some info on this place. Maybe when you get back we could talk
Enjoy,,,,, That seems like an under statement
Cheers,

Hi @Arrow...when i finally get home..i am goin to be really busy...so send me a pm for info if ya want...and tell me what your lookin for...i can also suggest other good fishin locations...and let me know what your comfort level is for culture shock & climate...mine is self adjustable...language here is spanish and its a neccessity..my GF translator works great...

That's a nice pile of big dorado there... they would feed the whole village. LOL!!

muchas gracias for the complement @stomp..
and congrats to you & your wife making the trip to India..

ya if i keep my mouth shut I fit right in as a local..so I usually just smile and say hola...lol
if i start talkin english..its so funny sometimes the shock on some of the faces i get..ya its something alright..
ah..canadians down here for the most part are well liked gringos... i have been treated with very good respect and its well recieved & returned..

I hope I get a little rest tonight...our fishin trip starts again at 4 am..
stay warm up there..

heres a pic of me & the Ecuatoriano navy captain that helped coordinate some of the fun in the dorado tournament..

@mick, that town looks like a little slice of fishing heaven! Enjoy it! You're in a better and much warmer place!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks