Fishing Report Finally a bass report! Aug 5

jerk bait

With so many incredible walleye/pickerel reports thought I'd give a bass update.
Fished out of st William's from 4 to 6pm. Water was warm and fairly choppy but did calm a bit later. Heavily stained in some areas. 20 bass total ( 3 anglers). All largemouth today. Biggest was 3.4 ...average size 2 pounds. Found the bite a bit slower today than usual and that fish have moved in the last week. Did best on offshore weed edges. Small packs of 3 to 5 fish on random weed beds made it fun as everyone got one. Biggest came on a red/grey x rap.

Just curious do you drift, use trolling motor or power poles when fishing weed beds?

100 percent trolling motor . I have a I pilot with spot lock that helps to keep anchored. Just wish it worked better. Several times yesterday would hit the button and remote would show prop working it would not turn. Definitely the last Minn kota I'll buy unless it top of the line. No power poles yet but soon

I hear you, just about done with my Minn Kota Power Drive. Need a serious upgrade! If you were to purchase Power Poles/Talon what length would you think best for Inner Bay.?

I hear you, just about done with my Minn Kota Power Drive. Need a serious upgrade! If you were to purchase Power Poles/Talon what length would you think best for Inner Bay.?
Yes worst trolling motor I ever had. When it works it's fine. Spot lock is nifty and has caught me more fish but the constant losing signal and prop working intermittently are getting old fast . For $ 1200 I expected more. As far as the power poles goes , I fish alot of northern water for bass and muskie so 10 footers would be best

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks