feb 24th report

ch312

went out of st williams yesterday morning and was setup in the crowd of huts before the pressure crack before the sun rose. water was very murky with only 12" visibility. caught about 30 perch at that spot with 4 being 12" fish. i also lost a 30" pike right at the hole. bite totally died around 9:30am so i headed off around 10am.

tried another spot 200 yards farther out. water was gin clear and no fish. then headed out to ec10 where the first hole showed 3" of clear and 7" of white ice that was cracking while i drilled the hole beside my atv. i thought there would be better ice throughout the entire bay? i didn't stay long...

headed over to old cut and setup near jimmys huts where i found gin clear water with one dink to show for the long drive over.

back to st williams on the lake side of the pressure crack. clear water and not a single fish. then i moved to 25 yards from the pressure crack...nothing again.

back to my first spot with the very murky water and i landed 2 more jumbos and a bunch of keepers. shoulda just stayed there.

presentation was key as 95% of the keepers came on a perch pattern blue fox jigging spoon with rattle and a very lively minnow. once the minnow lost action i had to keep on jigging to get any hits. i'm guessing they were feeding on minnows that were attracted to whatever was causing the murky water and i needed action so they could find the lure?

Hey ch312

Thaks for the report , at less you caught enough for a sandwich , better luck next time ............apps

Hi all.
Thanks for the report ch312. It seems to me that the last two winters I did much better in the murky stuff but this year seems the clear stuff on the Old Cut side anyway.
I am hoping to get out of St. Willy's tomorrow.
Cheers, Clark

ch312,Thank-You also for the very detailed report.;)It reminds me of my fishing day`s this winter,where like yourself,I too was always moving around,trying to find the Bite.I did not get out today,I decided to go to the London Fishing/Boat & Leisure Show instead,and to buy more Tackle,that I did not need.LOL8DWalleye,good luck to you out of St. Willy`s on Saturday.

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks