Farm life and my social distance from the virus!!!

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We took advantage of the below freezing temps to clean out the straw pack (manure) in the barns on the weekend. It took us Saturday and Sunday mornings to get the job done until the temps rose.
Yesterday morning we were at it at 6:00 am and as the sun was rising I noticed 3 animals in the next field, thinking some of the cattle had gotten out. As they appeared closer they were horses!! Now all work has stopped, there are a few Amish farms in the area. I went over to get the Amish neighbour to see if it’s there horses. They did a quick count on there herd and they had all 9. They asked if I could take them to see the horses and they would know who’s they are. Now I have 2 Amish guys in my new truck with their farm boots on?. They ended up taking the horses back to their farm as they knew who they belong to. I’m sure they didn’t call the owner that belong to them??.
After all this was done I noticed 1 of the cows just had a calf out in the field. Now all operations stop again as we watched from a distance. She ended up having a set of twins. After the births of the twins the mother leaves taking only the one with her. Now it’s rescuer time to get the newborn off the frozen ground. Turned off the electric fencing and went to get the newborn with the zoom boom (telehandler). The farmer gets the new born and hands it to me through the electric fencing to put it in the bucket and take it to the barn.
I ended up bottle feeding it a special milk formula for newborns. I just might adopt this little guy if the mother doesn’t accept it.
Those other cattle in the background are the most meanest cattle there is. You never turn your back on them, and always have a cane with you for protection. They were free range cattle from the prairies and they don’t like people, well maybe I should say I don’t like them. I’ve had some close calls with them that made me seek protection really fast as if a plastic cane is going to stop a 1500+ lb cow
FEB00D95-DC1B-40B5-8359-CD4378A44EFE.jpegC3D970F0-BB0D-4AEA-AB1F-B9CAF7449412.jpegC3E39764-47BE-43DA-BB1D-60F95B471A97.jpeg741A4FAF-DBA5-4D81-A0D2-4B9B3BF8BC59.jpeg

Great report from farm country @Three Bouys… hope that little guy has an appreciative attitude towards you after all your loving care unlike those other nasty cows. :love:?

We took advantage of the below freezing temps to clean out the straw pack (manure) in the barns on the weekend. It took us Saturday and Sunday mornings to get the job done until the temps rose.
Yesterday morning we were at it at 6:00 am and as the sun was rising I noticed 3 animals in the next field, thinking some of the cattle had gotten out. As they appeared closer they were horses!! Now all work has stopped, there are a few Amish farms in the area. I went over to get the Amish neighbour to see if it’s there horses. They did a quick count on there herd and they had all 9. They asked if I could take them to see the horses and they would know who’s they are. Now I have 2 Amish guys in my new truck with their farm boots on?. They ended up taking the horses back to their farm as they knew who they belong to. I’m sure they didn’t call the owner that belong to them??.
After all this was done I noticed 1 of the cows just had a calf out in the field. Now all operations stop again as we watched from a distance. She ended up having a set of twins. After the births of the twins the mother leaves taking only the one with her. Now it’s rescuer time to get the newborn off the frozen ground. Turned off the electric fencing and went to get the newborn with the zoom boom (telehandler). The farmer gets the new born and hands it to me through the electric fencing to put it in the bucket and take it to the barn.
I ended up bottle feeding it a special milk formula for newborns. I just might adopt this little guy if the mother doesn’t accept it.
Those other cattle in the background are the most meanest cattle there is. You never turn your back on them, and always have a cane with you for protection. They were free range cattle from the prairies and they don’t like people, well maybe I should say I don’t like them. I’ve had some close calls with them that made me seek protection really fast as if a plastic cane is going to stop a 1500+ lb cow
View attachment 21621View attachment 21622View attachment 21623View attachment 21624
Nice photo’s & a great report @Three Bouys ??? and here I thought all of this time that you were jigging for walleye’s on the Detroit River!!????:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks