Family Fish-Old Cut-Sunday

jumbos

Fun day out with the kids and Mom. Hook removal and rebaiting was most of the action for me today, great day out and the weather held for the time we were out. Here's the kids with a few of their catch
014.jpg

We also got a few of these little guys, my daughter thought they were so cute.
015.jpg

Brian (Legend Man)

Lovely pictures Brian.
Hope weather gets better and stays that way for longer than.....say a day:D
If not we may see the eyes your way....mayber end of August for ,,,, a week only[}:)]

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

nothing better than a grin on a childs face from the fishing trip way to go.

will hunt for food

Brian Awesome pictures of the kids.
Hopefully I'll see them on Saturday with some monster Rock Bass.

Stef Carroll

Good stuff Brian......some of those perch are pretty nice. I saw people catching brown catfish when I fished that area but none bit for us. I understand they are decent eating.

Looks like everyone had fun ,That's what it's ALL about.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

Good stuff Brian......some of those perch are pretty nice. I saw people catching brown catfish when I fished that area but none bit for us. I understand they are decent eating.

I got all cats as usual, the only reason being that there are very few sheephead in the inner bay;). I say this because I am a sheephead magnet[V]...lol.
Ya, they say they are good eating, but I'll stick to perch, crappie, walleye and bows!
Stef, we caught a few small rockies, but most of the bigger girls hang out on the other side of the bay.

Brian (Legend Man)

Brown and Black Bullheads are delicious this time of year, Duck, and once they're skinned, they don't need to be filleted as they have only a backbone and no rib bones. Bullheads are a members' favorite at both the Long Point and Turkey Point Companies and it's the marsh managers' job to ensure that there's a good supply in the freezer come fall.

Thanks for the info Canvasbacksca. I realize that Brown Bullheads are abundant in this area and while I've really only caught a few since moving to this neck of the woods I will try skinning, cooking and eating the next one I catch. (in the spring)
quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca

Brown and Black Bullheads are delicious this time of year, Duck, and once they're skinned, they don't need to be filleted as they have only a backbone and no rib bones. Bullheads are a members' favorite at both the Long Point and Turkey Point Companies and it's the marsh managers' job to ensure that there's a good supply in the freezer come fall.

Looks like you guys had a great day on the water Brian!! Two kids alone dunking minnows and hauling in perch is enough to keep you busy,..did the wife make you bait her hook too??....lol

Mike

L34VCAUUTNC0CAYKDKE6CA00IOBCCAEFGNJ.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Minnowman

Looks like you guys had a great day on the water Brian!! Two kids alone dunking minnows and hauling in perch is enough to keep you busy,..did the wife make you bait her hook too??....lol

Mike

L34VCAUUTNC0CAYKDKE6CA00IOBCCAEFGNJ.jpg

Everybody over the age of 10 baits their own hook;)
I hear you did some triming on the cast...can't say I blame ya...a month without fishing would be though. If reeling is a problem, I have a 12ft bambo rod, no reeling necessary...lol

Brian (Legend Man)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks