Family Day and the OPP

jeweller

Went out Monday with my buddy and his to young boys and had blast with them. Caught a few nice perch for the day but the youngest boy it was his first time out and he caught the biggest perch at 14". On the way in one of the boys fell due to slippery ice hit his head but not really bad, tough kid. So we decided after that to load the kids on quad (used the quad to tow out hut and two of us walked)put the 2 kids in helmets climbed on the quad and headed in. Part way in we were stopped by the 2 officer on their bikes and had a nice convertsation with them about the do's and don'ts of what we were doing. No charges laid and the 2 adults should of because didnt have helmets on (wrong on our part). Day ended on a nice note that OPP are there to help out and be reasonable when they can.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

We were also stopped by officers on our sled,we were asked for insurance,sticker,ownership. And asked if we consumed any alcohol,wonder if anyone went down with an impaired driving a quad or sled,if someone does...will it effect the drivers licence?

Yes, buddy got pinched on a quad for drinking and is now getting a lawyer to try and fight to keep his drivers license. Be careful!

Any conviction for operation of a "MOTORIZED" vehicle, i.e., boat, sled, ATV results in a driver's licence suspension + fine+ insurance hike!!! not worth it! FYI

Drinking and driving is always a bad call, but I'd like to know why it may count against a driver's licence that you do not need to operate many of the other "motorized" vehicles that you can get busted for. Anyone answer that for me?

Bogz

quote:
Originally posted by Pikefishinfever

Drinking and driving is always a bad call, but I'd like to know why it may count against a driver's licence that you do not need to operate many of the other "motorized" vehicles that you can get busted for. Anyone answer that for me?

Bogz

DUI is DUI - no matter what you are operating- that's the law. learn to accept it - go see a lawyer if you still have questions.. If you can't go 4-6 hours without alcohol then you have a bigger problem.

- DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE.
I had a conversation with one of those 2 opp. Basically above

I agree with Wojo, use your brain and... above!

Ice fishing and beer go together like peanut butter and jam. I'm not suggesting going out there and getting $hitfaced but it's nice to have a few beers without worrying about getting busted.

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

Ice fishing and beer go together like peanut butter and jam. I'm not suggesting going out there and getting $hitfaced but it's nice to have a few beers without worrying about getting busted.

Please feel free to show me that BOBO. Things have changed - 2 beers can put you over the limit, so what do you think a few beers does? If that's what what you want, stay at home and watch WFN - THEY DO CATCH MORE THAN YOU.

My complaint is that there are literely no MNR officials any more out on the ice. I never see them since the government has been quietly cutting back on staff.

Hey there's nothing wrong with having a couple beers or whiskeys on the ice guys, lighten up a little!

Wojo and wally, you guys should stick to what you know best...the menu at the chip truck!

I heard of a guy getting DUI at golf corse in a golf cart cause he drove into ditch and cop was there watching, he left private property of corse. insane but true

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

Wojo and wally, you guys should stick to what you know best...the menu at the chip truck!

Bobo - please feel free to put a hickey on my Hemorroid. Seems that the only thing you can relate to. You have to be one of the dumbest A$$holes I have the misfortune to meet in person or online. Would that be the chip truck that you are the head chef at you loser......

Oh my, I think I hit a nerve with the chip truck. Get some tucks medicated pads for the roids old man!

Sadly there are some ill informed individuals here. I am a very athletic 240lb graduate from Police Foundations and Law and Security. Many years ago, well before my current career I blew a 12hour suspension with only one beer. That's right , "1" beer. I too thought it wouldn't be a problem, but I can now assure you, you are very wrong. Please choose wisely. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks