Fall Fishing Deer Creek

FarmerChris

I was hoping to take my kids fall canoe fishing at Deer Creek. I read online that the park closes Labour Day. Is there still day use in the fall or is it all locked up?

lots of nice browns...troll with your electric motor...vanderbilt double willow leaf gold spinners is the bait of choice for deer creek browns...go fish at the back...trout season closes end of September...

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll shoot braggin rights a pm. Lpbca was no help either. Simply stated that it is closed as of labour day.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll shoot braggin rights a pm. Lpbca was no help either. Simply stated that it is closed as of labour day.
The park is closed. You can park near the gate and walk in. It is a bit of a hike to the dock but a great place in the fall.

Yeah like Feed Guy said, I'm %100 certain you're allowed to walk in after the park officially closes. Not %100 sure what the rules are with regards to carrying a canoe or something in... I'll try to find out for you. I have a permit to film underwater footage for work purposes after the park closes, so if you ever see me in there that'd be why. Same permit that the high-school uses for their rowing club.

Hey gang... I was at the park yesterday and asked about the fall/winter/spring fishing on Deer Creek.

You're %100 allowed to walk in, and even carry a canoe, kayak, small boat etc. in from the main gates. The park is closed, so it's %100 at your own risk, but they won't try to kick you out if you're in there fishing during the parks "closed season". Of course it is %100 electric as usual if you do drag your canoe or tinner down to the launch.

You aren't allowed to go in from the rocky bank near the dam... it's a safety / liability issue for the park. ( hence the reason for no trespassing signs down there ) So if you get caught trying to drag a boat down the rocks on 45 they will kick you out.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Ryan

That's great. Thanks Ryan for following up on that. I really like paddling Deer Creek but never seem to have time in the summer.

Personally ill be pulling my boat out of there at the end of the month anyways. I'm just curious there's always an argument weather the season there is open all year

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks