Fake Take-Out

Mrs. Stomp

Staff member
Covid or no-Covid, we don’t do much take out. Given food allergies, cholesterol care and someone in the house who enjoys cooking, most meals come out of our kitchen. Tonight’s dinner started with finding a use for the green pepper tops from last night’s stuffed peppers and morphed into Mongolian Beef with Green Peppers, Orange Chicken and Veggie Chow Mein. As I was shredding the cabbage, I was thinking about the amount of cabbage (and everything else) that must go into the zillions of cabbage rolls that @Daveak's wife makes! If you zoom in on the chicken, do not be alarmed about the Feb 15 best before date. PC Blue Menu chicken was on sale last week so I stocked up - this pack is fresh out of the freezer.

Anyone remember the old E.D. Smith Garden Cocktail jars? There’s one in the pic that has sugar in it. The old jars had a super wide mouth, unlike the ones today, and were (and still are IMO) great for storing dry goods to keep the little critters out. Maybe someday I’ll treat myself to a matching set of fancy containers.. or maybe I’ll be using these same ones for the next 30 years!

1613669249214.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks