Eye's and Bow's-Burwell-July 5

jumbos

Well we decided late this morning to go to Burwell for some eye's and bow's. With my daughter, son and grammie and papa on board it was a full boat to say the least. Have I ever mentioned I need a bigger boat! By the time we got out to 60fow it was 10:30, so the early bite was out of the question. Talked to Duck Soup and Icefisherman, just as they were bring in there 18th eye and we had just one in the box. Started to move towards Arnie's postion, but we were to late and a good chop was starting to build. With my kid's face's not looking the best, we turned back and road the wave's back towards Burwell. We did however pick up two bow's and another eye on the way back. Packed it in at 1:30 and headed towards the rocks so the kids could do a little swimming. Water temp at 60fow was 70 degrees and at the rocks was 61, so the swimming was short and sweet. Nice day even if it was short and catching a few is allways a bonus. Lot's of summer left and the eye's will be waiting.
003-9.jpg

004-5.jpg

Brian (Legend Man)

Nice catch Brian,... even though it was a short trip u got some good eats there and a couple nice pic's of the family!! Like you said, it's just the start of what looks like to be a great season!!
2 more days of work and then off for two weeks,... so you know where I'll be!!

Mike

L34VCAUUTNC0CAYKDKE6CA00IOBCCAEFGNJ.jpg

Still a nice catch and getting the parents and children out always comes first. It's pretty hard to get on the fish with such a qualified crew. I doubt 5:00am was an option.
My next fishing date is with the grandchildren so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I don't think I'm ready to take them walleye fishing yet. They wore me out fishing for perch. We'll move up the ladder and try for SM Bass. Friday looks pretty good.

jumbos,Excellent report on your day Fishing on the Lake.You did quite well,considering the short time that you fished,and Yes,it will only get Better,especially when the month of August rolls around.A bigger Boat is always Better,so that you may fill it up,with even more Family/Friends--LOL. 8D

RED FISH

Lovely picture with the kids Brian.
Glad you've found few for the short time you were out there....
I've been taking my boys out with me since they were 6 months old and I guess that have immuned them to bad sea conditions:D
I've had times when several adults got sea sick aboard but none of the boys have been so far.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks