Eurasian Wigeon sighting

GrouseGuy

This morning I had a confirmed sighting of a Eurasian Wigeon drake on a pond north of Brantford. It was with a small group of about 8 American Wigeons. Although rare, there have been occasional sightings of this species in Ontario and reported recently in Brant County. This is the first time for me to see this bird in the wild.

Hello Grouse Guy,

Wow ... good for you.

I once saw two (2) Speckled Bellied Geese (White Fronted Geese) at Long Point a few years ago ... thought that was a rare sighting around here.

Jerome

Hello Grouse Guy,

Wow ... good for you.

I once saw two (2) Speckled Bellied Geese (White Fronted Geese) at Long Point a few years ago ... thought that was a rare sighting around here.

Jerome
Interesting you mention the White-fronted geese. Two springs ago I had a flock of 50-60 land in the corn field behind my home (edging the pond where I saw the Eurasian Wigeon this morning).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks