Fishing Report Erieau report June 29 am

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Pete & I headed out at first light 210 degrees towards the horseshoe/rockline..found the pics quickly less then half way in 62-63 fow..within minutes we were catchin pics..2 leadcores & 2 riggers runnin shiners..

The marine weather & lake was great out there...our total 15 pics landed...yep lost a few ( like 5) long lining 7 to 9 colours off the boards..wasn't me that couldn't keep the hooks in um..lol

there is plenty of pics & bows out there and nice selection of year classes..and plenty of fishermen too..lol..I heard sunday the fishin was crazy busy & a great bite...hey if your lookin for good numbers of chromers too..off the point and run spoons..

I can report no tapeworms cleanin our fish there and talkin to others cleaning theres..

My 6 trips for June has been decent fishin.. total 61 pickeral..just 2 had tapeworms..that was 2 out of 12 pics off stanley last monday..

Happy Canada everybody..

heres 12 pics in the box..

2020 June 29 Erieau summer walleyes 027.jpg 2020 June 29 Erieau summer walleyes 032.jpg

2020 June 29 Erieau summer walleyes 031.jpg heres a decent fish caught..ya by some lucky fisherman I met cleanin fish..

Great report. So, how deep of water did you end up fishing and about how far off shore was that? Watching windy and will be looking to yak attack out of Erieau or Wheatley.

King Joe Outa Here!

Hey King Joe ...I just measured my GPS tracking distance where I located our first fish where we started fishin in 62 fow and workin that first pod...that measures 5.45 miles from the lighthouse..where we finished off fishin another active pod was slightly WSW and was a 6.70 mile run back..

sunday am reported limits 55 to 60 fow at 210 degrees.. that direction is the horseshoe..

monday yesterday there was plenty of early am boats started in approx. 55 fow but most of them continued out heading SW & WSW ..alot ended up same parallel as us ...we had our 2 spots to ourselves..the way i like it..

erieau marina fishing reports are usually updated every few days..when things change.....I called the marina 2 pm and got a weekend sunday am report of the 55 to 60 fow limits of pics..back at the dock cleaning our fish yesterday others with boxes & limits of pics were 61 to 63 fow & more west..

blue silver shiner was our better coloured bait...got our biggest at the end on an orange & gold...I heard the greasy chicken wing was a winner for a group of 4 with a big box of pics and some chrome..ya things are moving along...gizzard shad hatch is next..

THANKS Mick. Great info. That's a bit of a haul/distance by arm power. Done it before though so....I'll watch windy and look for an opening.

King Joe Outa Here!

Happy I can help King Joe...

you also mentioned wheatly..I have had great fishing off wheatly past seasons
I just checked the
Wheatly Harbour Authority Fishing reports daily updates and they are also available
Good luck next time out..everybody

Erieau marina report June 29

Well the fishing seem to pick up on the weekend, people started catching them 210 deg out to 55ft of water and trolling out to 65ft towards the horse shoe (rockline). Everything was working from dipsys, riggers down around 35ft range, planner boards with 30 jets back 120ft. They also picked up same steelhead a the Point of Pins yesterday, fishing around the old white stake.

ya the famous white stake off erieau pt...well its black..

Hey Mick,

How is it to launch a yak at Erieau? I've only gone out of there on a boat a few years back and that boat was docked in the harbour there. Do you know if there is, say, beach access or similar? Sorry to be a pain and thanks for any responses.

King Joe Outa Here!

I launch at the erieau marina and see other small water craft launching as well...not sure and unlikely if there is accessing the erieau beach to launch off of..
Its $15 to erieau marina launch and park and a great spot to clean your fish..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks