Erie Pickerel When to start Central Basin

Phantom

When you fellows think is a good time to start fishing for pickerel in Erie Long point to Burwell area? I have had success in June before. The drive further south/west is too much for a day. For now I still have a bit of Erie Pickerel in freezer. Was dinner tonight. See you on the water.

Attachments

• 20190523_193819.jpg
    20190523_193819.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 20190523_202541.jpg
    20190523_202541.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 35
There is resident walleye in those areas year round. You won’t get big numbers but you could get a few. I have a friend who’s been out of Burwell twice. One time 5 and one time 4 walleye. The big otters marina Facebook page also posted a picture of some caught the other day

Last edited:
I got a mess of them by the lighthouse mid June last year. I’d expect the same this year given the numbers in the system.

2 guys 2 limits on June 17th last year Port Glasgow.

How long till I get Bored to Death catching Walleye again this Summer.... Thank God we have Lake O also..

Went out this morning launched at 715, back in at noon. First central basin limit of eyes for me this year,, earliest in the year I have ever done that. Launch was super busy at noon,, everyone I talked to still had the skunk in the boat. I worked over some shallow water structure and picked away at them.

I launched off TP around 8. Pea soup out to bluff bar. Just Got set up and had motor issues.
So we packed up and limped back to the launch.
Probably a dozen or more boats out there. Didn't get close enough or have enough of a chance to notice if anyone was catching.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks