electronics

wrencher

Whats the best combo fishing unit on the market today that can be used for auto pilot system. Which auto pilot system. I'm looking for a fish finder chart plotter and auto pilot system with a 7/10 inch screen for my 24 foot grew for charter fishing but have no idea where to start and what kind of features. Also don't want to take out a mortgage on the electronics as they get old fast and need upgrading

id talk to josh at angling outfites in woodstock he is very smart and will help you out with what ever you need and is very competitive on price

I've been there before and your quite right. The only thing is he is hard to capture and his knowledge can be intimidating at times. I was looking for anyone who has products they have used to dicscuss likes and dislikes on systems

Talk to jimmy riggins at rotten ronnies.KNOW HE USES LOWRANCE PRODUCTS ON HIS BOAT . ALSO CHECK OUT LOWRANCE WEB SITE. MOST FISHERMEN WILL RECOMMEND LOWRANCE. TRUST THIS WILL HELP YOU. JOSH KNOWS HIS STUFF YOU JUST HAVE TO SLOW HIM DOWN. HOPE THIS HELPS YPU. IAM RUNNING A LOWRANCE HDS 7 COMPATIBLE FOR AUTO PILOT. EXCELLENT MACHINE.
MONTY:p

I am all for shopping around for competitive prices etc.. however I can tell you first hand that Joc will take care of you if you have any problems or if you decide to upgrade/downgrade later on...trading in for the most part is perfectly accpetalbe for Joc...

If he gets off the deep end with his discussions, just tell him STOP SLOW DOWN and start over then he usually calms down and puts it out in layman's terms...lol:D

Good luck

Herefishyfishy

SIR SIR SIR I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU, And that Josh does. I have bought alot of eletronic's off him and would not go anywhere else. Lowrance is the way to go.

Rick

Lowrance is the way to go. I have HDS 10 on my boat and I also run a TR1 autopilot on a 15 hp kicker. The Lowrance unit has the ability to control the boat on a point to point coarse, but I find the auto is used more to keep the boat on a straight heading while you fish.
Jos has a lot of knowledge and the right contacts if you want to run this type of system.

quote:
Originally posted by thumper

SIR SIR SIR I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU, And that Josh does. I have bought alot of eletronic's off him and would not go anywhere else. Lowrance is the way to go.

Rick

Pay attention SIR, lol!! I think some people take him the wrong way...knowledgable guy. Try to go at a "non-busy" time.
I talked to him on the phone the other day, for a couple minutes...told him what unit I had, how I planned to utilize it for ice fishing. I said "honestly Jos, do I really need to buy the ice pack for it"...I got a good answer, he could have easily said, of course, or, you probably should.

How come he only calls me bitch? OK he calls me sir when I walk in the door but he calls me bitch at the til. Maybe the Belgian haggler system ain't his idea of a good deal. LOL.

No honestly if you can slow him down and mellow him out he is very good at what he does. He can regurgitate facts and numbers faster than most can think. He just has his opinion on steelhead fishing equipment and tactics, AND I HAVE MINE. Makes every visit very interesting.

Stick

DSC00152.jpg

I agree that Jos know his stuff, but he is very pro lowrance. I personally have used both products and the Humminbird Side Imaging and the lowrace structure scan are very similar, but what I found was that the sonar/fishfinder on the humminbird was far superior (don't believe everything Jos says) do the research for yourself. Also the GPS in far easier to use. email me at crafty30@hotmail.com and I can talk to you about it.

Another consideration is the customer service aspect. Humminbird blows Lowrance out of the water, trust me on this one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks