Edmonton Update

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well I just got my offer of Employment from Edmonton. Lets say I am not impressed. After a verbal agreement on salary and benefits with the Operations Manager I was sent a low ball offer from the owners sister who does the offer packages. The offer she sent me is $15,000 less than what I told the Operations Manager I would relocate for. At this point it is looking like I will be staying put unless they come up the 15K

Alberta is a crazy place right now. I hope it works out for you either way.

Cheers, Clark

It's all part of the "game" that HR people play Scrimmy. I would hold firm to what you want 'cause you're the one that making the mid-stream adjustments. If they're serious they will revise their offer more to your liking.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

WR

Did not have time to fish Big Dave but I did see lots of people fishing in the Saskatchewan river that flows through Edmonton.

Got a revised offer this afternoon which I accepted and I start work October 7th. Driving out in a week or so. God I wish I could sell my boat before I go.

So what type of work will you be doing out there?

I will be the Manager of the Service, Warranty and Parts Departments for the World's most expensive Custom Trailers. This company builds offroad as well as highway trailers for heavy hauling up to and over 600 tons. A lot of their equipment is built for the oil industry. One of the units I seen on the weekend had 66 wheels under it.

WOW!!! 66 wheels, what are they putting on it, the "Allure of the Seas" cruise liner.:D I wish you well in your new endeavour to the west. I know it must have been a very difficult decision to make on such a life altering move for you and your family. The bows only zone around Edmonton offers some of the best deer hunting in the world so I envy that part of your move. Good luck Scrimmy.

Funny how 9 replies of people wishing this guy luck in his new adventure and 1 guy just has to jump in with a smart comment. If you think scrimmy is playing dr Phil why you taking time to read his post?? Let alone take the time to comment on it?
Maybe take some of that time to post your fish stories if you care so much. Some people should think before they post. Don't know Scrimmy personally but good luck in your new career.

Yeah well I come on here to read fishing reports, not a 7 week series of updates on someones potential life move.

Surely no one wants me to post a daily thread on my day to day life operations lol...

Dont get all bent out of shape Pinchel.

I'm not bent out of shape but coming from someone who never posts fishing stories only reads them I found it amusing that you would cut up someone's thread. Then again very few of the river rats ever post stories about fishing. Seems ladyinred is like the "big Dave" of river fishing. She obviously knows theirs lots out their and no point in holding back success stories.

You want to read everyone's reports but have no interest in posting yours and helping others.

Surely no one wants me to post a daily thread on my day to day life operations lol...

I guess that depends on what your typical day looks like QOB. If it's anything like mine:cry:, then no, PLEASE do not share:D. We would like some more fishing reports out of you for sure... but you of the river rat persuasion are so tight-lipped :muted:. Personally, I don't have a big issue with what's been shared here. In this particular case, I think part of the sharing relates to potentially selling a boat. A sense of community seems to develop on-line and some share more than others. You have the ignore feature at your disposal which might help you filter out what you don't want to see.

And as far as a Life's Problems section... feel free to post all that stuff for analysis by Dr. @tailfeathers in the 'Shots Fired' forum :troll:.

Quinn just misses sparring with BoBo!! We are going to miss Wayne on the board for sure. He's one of the most knowledgable skippers on the water and his input here has helped me. Unfortunately with the departure of work around here his story hits real close to home for more folks than I think anyone cares to imagine. Myself included. I haven't yet decided to make that kind of a move but it may be coming soon I've thought about it more and more lately.

Good Luck Wayne and God speed to you sir

I certainly dont miss Bobo I assure you that.

Stomp, I think you should buy his boat, then invite your favouritest (a new word) members out for a day of fishing ;)
I will make the report.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks