Fishing Report East side story

Centerspin

Closed the whitefish season yesterday. The season started great with catching a whitie on a perch setup, Then got 1 and lost 1 on the east shore, then got 3 scunks on the west with two outings not marking a single fish in the areas that produced last year and a year before. Went East again 2 wks ago and lost 1 and my buddy caught 2 and the other guy got skunked. Took a break from Simcoe but yesterday was a last day so I went with my friend. We walked about 2 km, setup in 27 ft and around 9 am I marked the 1 st fish. It wasnt interested. I switched to a smaller meegs and landed the next fish
5 min later another one took the meegs but managed to unbutton by the hole. Next fish was interested but didnt bite. Then a smaller mark wold appear, show interest but I could not set the hook after a tap several times. Finally hooked it and it was a personal best goby. No fish marked between 1 and 2 pm. Then marked 11 fish total till 5 pm. They were not interested in offering dropped to the bottom, but would rise slowly to a suspended goby imitation. At one time a pair of fish appeared and one went for meegs but the other went up quickly and took the goby. I landed that fish and didnt mark anything else. So for me the dysmal season ended quite well, my friend, who is better then me in enticing fish to bite marked only 6 fish all day and did not have a hit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230315-201926.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315-201926.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20230315-201748.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315-201748.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20230315-201738.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315-201738.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20230315-201706.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315-201706.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Was an awesome year for whites!! Managed a PB 32” 14.5 pound this year . View attachment 71304
😳 Nice trophy 🏆 Whitefish 😳 there @LipRippin79 👊👊 and glad that you didn’t set the hook too hard,( sorry 😞 I couldn’t refuse ), @LipRippin79 because the mouth of the whitefish are quite thin,( as you likely know ), and the sensitive tissue around their mouth can rip quite easily,if the hook set is too hard!! A fantastic eating fish,especially out of a smoker,or many other ways of cooking it. 🐟😋😉👍🙂

Thanks yes it was huge!! I was in cloud 9 for 2-3 days haha I posted videos on lake simcoe ice fishing Facebook page..
Too bad that I am not on Facebook,or I would have loved to see that video,on such a huge whitefish catch & congratulations!! 👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks