Off Topic E tec

The way i look at it there all good motors but once in awhile you are going to get a crappie one my 2018 135ho etec is now on its second head second water pump and theres was only 120hrs on it but now all the gremlins are out of it it pours like a kitten and great on gas and make sure you get the right prop took the marina 5 trys to get me at the 6000 rpm i should be running so after all that yes etec all the way for me Resized_20180814_191955_3857 (1).jpg

Not an outboard man(or fan) for years and when I was it was Merc all the way. Suzuki is HUGE on the outboard scene for the past couple years(world wide). 2 very good friends have repowered with Zukis from Bridge yacht in Dover, you owe it to yourself and your wallet to check out all options. Good luck Ben.

Whos running Etec out there and how do you like them ? Looking at G2 for my boat.
My cousin who is a mechanic by the way has owned two boats over the last 10 years with E tecs on both.
He absolutely swears by them. Great fuel mileage...super quiet...and tons of power and torque.
I myself have been looking for a newer outboard and this is what he recommended to me hands down.

Exactly rite highhopes get good n bad in them all

I just purchased new 150 etec beginning of the year on my profisher and I love it , trolls Down to 1.5 very quiet no smoke , power and torque is there when pinned

99.99% that hear the motor idle think it’s a 4 stroke , fishing 8hrs a day it’s about 20$ on fuel , while trolling (interface cable ) it uses .80 of a lifer an hour

My experiences I would recommend an ETEC to anyone! , 3 years or 300 hrs maintenance free can’t go wrong there ! With the 10 yr warranty

The way i look at it there all good motors but once in awhile you are going to get a crappie one my 2018 135ho etec is now on its second head second water pump and theres was only 120hrs on it but now all the gremlins are out of it it pours like a kitten and great on gas and make sure you get the right prop took the marina 5 trys to get me at the 6000 rpm i should be running so after all that yes etec all the way for me View attachment 17990
Is that picture taken on the bay @highhopes?

Everything so far from what i have been reading is evinrude warranty exceeds all others. So far from my experiences marine motors are expensive to repair.

My Yamaha f150 was a 2005 and cam seized 500 hours oil changed yearly synthetic only. It was 1 of 2 . Second has 500 hours on. Have had injector problems and heat issue. New injectors yearly tune up yearly. Water pump every 2 year. Timing belt was like new. Top bearing in head lack of oil. On line reading has produced bad balancers
Sucks to be you

Mine is a 2010 etec and other than maintenance has been flawless bought used with 1400 hrs mnr return off lease has 2700 hrs now. As I said regular maintenance touch wood so far have heard of some with 5000 hrs still going. It's a 175 hp have seen some around $14000.00 in December as end of year clearance. Hopefully my hangs in there for a bit longer. It happens to everyone but is not fun to re moter. I know you have 2 thank God I only have one. Check out totem garage they have some 135s 2016 I believe decent prices factory warranty. Not sure what you need for power but know a guy who re powered down to 150 g2 from a 175 same top end better hole shot and better fuel economy. Just my own opinion.
I had a 2010 25 HP on my little 14 ft Polar Kraft. I bought it used with 9 hours on it. Nothing but trouble, snapped the main drive shaft, broken exhaust manifold and countless problems with shutdowns due to faulty sensors. NEVER AGAIN. Didn't realize at the time it was made by Bombardier or I would never have bought it. I've run older Johnsons & Mercs, currently running a Yamaha which I love. Just my opinion.

Guy down the road 150Etec is a 2008 and its NFG now. He just dropped another 20G's and bought another one .Can't fix stupid. You will need to put a timing belt on every 1000 hours bro so the $200 won't break the bank.

Please explain the timing belt on a 2Stroke Evinrude Etec?

I run a 2017 150HO-G2 and a 2018 15HO Etec kicker. Absolutely the best motors we have ever ran! 150hrs on the G2 now, 120hrs on the kicker (first year I ran without the kicker so there are almost 100hrs of trolling on the G2). Insane power and torque on the G2. Fuel efficiency is amazing! I can top up the tank on my 19' Lund in the morning heading to Burwell...Run out to 60fow at WOT, troll for the day (5+hrs) and run back in at WOT and fill back up at the station and it costs me on average $6-$8 to top the tank up!!! I have experienced one steering issue (my motor has the built in power steering) and Blue Sky Marine in New Hamburg had me fixed up within a few days).
Can't say enough about both motors but wish I would have bit the bullet and bought the kicker right away!

I run a 2017 150HO-G2 and a 2018 15HO Etec kicker. Absolutely the best motors we have ever ran! 150hrs on the G2 now, 120hrs on the kicker (first year I ran without the kicker so there are almost 100hrs of trolling on the G2). Insane power and torque on the G2. Fuel efficiency is amazing! I can top up the tank on my 19' Lund in the morning heading to Burwell...Run out to 60fow at WOT, troll for the day (5+hrs) and run back in at WOT and fill back up at the station and it costs me on average $6-$8 to top the tank up!!! I have experienced one steering issue (my motor has the built in power steering) and Blue Sky Marine in New Hamburg had me fixed up within a few days).
Can't say enough about both motors but wish I would have bit the bullet and bought the kicker right away!
i run the 150 HO on my profisher just got it this year and all Day fish and troll and wot Back Im around $8-10 as well to top up the tank

I have an 2018 175 ETEC G2 on my Alumacraft 18.5 Trophy and it's been really solid. Bought the engine at an auction after it had been in a shipping accident with a truckload of other motors and although never been on a boat-was pretty banged up. What I found was amazing compared to previous motors I've had, is the simplicity and relatively small number of parts that make up the engine, and the availability of the parts catalog showing the entire breakdown for you: ie. http://shop2.evinrude.com/Index.aspx?s1=jtqnlp3h3nl2iqou1p8kln2h97&catalog_id=5&siteid=1
It was a breeze to catalog the broken parts - get them ordered and installed. Nothing like the old motors I've had from Merc or Evinrude back in the 90's - way simpler and more accessible.
Have 2 seasons on in now ~ 400+ hours - goes slow enough to troll with (~2.2 kts) and will run for hours at pretty much any RPM you want and just nudge the throttle and instant power. Winterizing it was a snap too... watch the utube video for 30 seconds. Just put it in neutral in a couple differnt throttle combinations and poof - it's done for you.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks