E-Petition for an EC10 Web Cam

Would you be willing to sign a petition in support of a Coast Guard webcam at EC10?

• Yes

Votes: 95 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • You're nuts

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The e-petition looks like it may be stalled due to lack of support by a Member of Parliament. The e-petition was directed to the honourable Diane Finley, MP for Haldimand-Norfolk. After several weeks without response, I wrote Ms. Finley requesting her sponsorship of the e-petition. So far, I've had no response to my e-mail. Any suggestions on next steps? Is anyone friends with their local MP?

Here is the contact info for Ms. Finley:

Exactly, ever since they put the camera at Port Glasgow it has saved a lot of people an hour or more drive only to find out the conditions are unfishable.
And for that reason,, I'm in.
I for another ... use the Port Glasgow camera and am very glad for it. Never have fished LPB but will be this year ... so YES!! a camera to check out conditions before I make the 1.5 hour drive YES YES

Received an email from the House of Commons Petitions informing me (us) that Diane Finley has not authorized the petition. It did say the petitioner will be asked to select another Member of Parliament.
What do you think @stomp, do we continue?

Hey Stomp. Any further update on this webcam?
For a political suggestion, how about Jeff Yurek MPP London Middlesex Elgin. Its the next riding along the lake to the west of Haldimand/Norfolk. He is former Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry, Minister of Transportation, and is currently the Minister of the Environment, Conservation, and Parks.

Hey @TonyMo ,
I am going to write the Commissioner when I have a chance. I think it's a Federal concern, so it has to be a MP to try the petition again in Parliament. I suspect they have bigger fish to fry right now.

Hey @TonyMo ,
I am going to write the Commissioner when I have a chance. I think it's a Federal concern, so it has to be a MP to try the petition again in Parliament. I suspect they have bigger fish to fry right now.
If you had just listened to me and bribed them with free 68 stickers the webcam would be up and running right now. 🤠

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks