E-Petition for an EC10 Web Cam

Would you be willing to sign a petition in support of a Coast Guard webcam at EC10?

• Yes

Votes: 95 96.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • You're nuts

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
@SOUTHWIND 's recent post about an ice monitoring web cam at the tip of Long Point, has me thinking about a similar web cam for EC10. I think a camera on EC10, one like that on Belle Isle on the Detroit River, that allows users to remotely control the camera from the web, would be an awesome thing. This camera would be useful year-round, would make boating and ice fishing safer and would be, quite simply, a game changer. Assuming the poll results are favourable, I would need the names and e-mail addresses of 5 supportive individuals to launch the petition. Please reply below if you're interested in being an initial supporter. I have no idea, what I'm doing, but what the hell. E-petition info : https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/Documents/poster-e.pdf .

Last edited:
I believe they have enough eyes on the bay as is with mnr,opp,also seen the boarder patrol brigade on potta hawk party. Cant see the locals wanting this. Besides you have coast guard in booths all summer and more in port Dover.
Not interested,

I believe they have enough eyes on the bay as is with mnr,opp,also seen the boarder patrol brigade on potta hawk party. Cant see the locals wanting this. Besides you have coast guard in booths all summer and more in port Dover.
Not interested,
Are you doing stuff you shouldnt be?

Hey @Jumbojim , my thinking behind the EC10 camera is that people planning to boat or ice fish on the Bay could check the camera to see conditions out there. Conditions there are often much different than onshore. It would be a camera for the public to use, not one that "big brother" would use to monitor the Inner Bay. Although, I guess a camera at EC10 could help discourage people from fishing there during the sanctuary.

Regarding your response @smokey1 , waste of resources is what triggered me here. The Coast Guard has already placed a similar camera at the tip of Long Point for ice monitoring. My thought is that if you're going to invest in a Long Point camera, put it somewhere where it will be of most benefit.

Hey @Jumbojim , my thinking behind the EC10 camera is that people planning to boat or ice fish on the Bay could check the camera to see conditions out there. Conditions there are often much different than onshore.
Exactly, ever since they put the camera at Port Glasgow it has saved a lot of people an hour or more drive only to find out the conditions are unfishable.
And for that reason,, I'm in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks