Ducks

ship wrecked

Did the northern mallards ever show up and whats everyone getting? I hunted 2 days and it wasnt great got one mallard the rest lake duck and not many

Well it is forecasted to go down to -6 here in Brant tonight which should be enough to freeze some inland ponds and small marshes and maybe move some mallards to the lake. I plan to try the Unit on Wednesday but then I am a perpetual optimist.

You would think with the snow and cold up north already we should be flush with birds right now ?
Oh well.... the Fat Lady sings in January and then we can store our guns away next to our crushed hopes and dreams of lanyards filled with Greenheads.

There is hope, large quantities of birds have been arriving in Wellington county over the last week. Perhaps some will make it to the point before season end!

You might be right Porkpie. Took my boat out for the season on Friday. Bluebird type of day and temperatures look like they may drop next week, Helping my buddy (where I dock my boat) clean his chimney and while on his roof we watched Mallards dropping into a back pond. Sounded like #20 was getting some action too !

Oooops ! I was thinking the old #20 probably more like #12

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks