Drones and hunting??

can't miss

To be clear, I'm not a droner, have a hard enough time with my flip phone?? But it does open up a world of questions? I'm not for or against, but they do put out alot of cool pics/vids.
How can they be used for hunting, are there rules yet? Saw a greasy done yank outdoor show, actually shooting hogs at night with a drone? Don't see that coming to CA anytime soon, but it sure shows what can be done.
So say your in a 50 acre bush, blind or stand, you could watch game movement, real time, do I stay or do I go?? Seems like a un fare advantage, but we already have game camera's?
Other hand, could really help tracking wounded game, finding lost dogs, other hunters, trespassers, deer movement, chasing yotes, ect.
Don't think I have much to consider with my flip phone, just curious what those a bit more in the know think.

On page 26 of the regs it states that "aircraft, including drones and balloons may not be used while hunting"
Also as of June 1st this year all drones over 250 grams have to be Federally registered and carry a certificate #.
To obtain this the operator must pass an online test.

thanks and good to know. what sparked my curiosity was my satellite provider gave me a month of 24hr mostly US hunting free. Just unreal, from pistol hunting cape water buffalo in Africa, to a zebra hunt in Texas? If it moves, they have a hunt for it?? Commercials are great to, a shot gun that holds a whole box of shells, all 25, hunting drones, crossbow bolts that explode a charge on impact, computerized scopes so you can't miss?
Good day all, glad were in Canada, gotta go turn my zebra sausages,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks