dr sat

reeldrag

tough day 3 guys 3 fish 5 hours temp did not see a net dipped all day 50 boats on the candle stick temp under 40 prey for warm weather

Despite Big Rod giving us the heads up that the fishing was slow, we headed to Windsor for the weekend anyway, we could wait no longer. We had about the same luck as you Saturday. We heard of a few fish being caught but not many. Sunday was even worse. The weather was nice but we never saw anyone land any fish nor did anybody we talked to have anything to show for their efforts which is very unusual. The water was pretty clear on the Candadian side and extremely clear on the US side. Temperatures were around 41 degrees F. We fished from Walkers on the upper side all the way down to Fighting Island with no luck except for one small one that was slightly under the 15" minimum size for Michigan. Of course, based on that single fish, the boy outfished me again in all three categories (first fish, biggest fish, and most fish). Here he is with his prize walleye:

IMG_1578.jpg

On the positive side, we found a few bugs in our equipment and got them sorted out while things were slow so we don't have to deal with them when fishing picks up. It really felt great to get out on the water for the first time too despite the results.

I think you may have been skunked after all, that little fish looks like a logperch.........

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks