Dover Pier Closed or Not, I see they opened it on the Cam.

Fish Farmer

Saw the news this morning , was a little vague? Is it closed or closed for groups of 5 or more.:unsure:
I see people walking the pier on the cam

[/QUOTE]
Water was very dirty in Dover if that's what you wondering.
Yes it was dirty only thing I caught was 1 Gobbie.
And just before I got there they but up a barricade. They blocked the pier.
eQPw9Nl.jpg

nMUNsmk.jpg

No sign saying anything. but I stayed put.
6Z4yqjr.jpg

As far as I know the pier belongs to the government of Canada. The lighthouse was turned over to Norfolk county but I'm pretty certain the pier is still the property of the feds. If that is the case, I don't think the overzealous mayor has the authority to close it but nobody's going to tell her that.

As far as I know the pier belongs to the government of Canada. The lighthouse was turned over to Norfolk county but I'm pretty certain the pier is still the property of the feds. If that is the case, I don't think the overzealous mayor has the authority to close it but nobody's going to tell her that.
Over zealous or not, we are dealing with a major crisis right now. Better to err on the side of caution and restrict those who do use common sense than to end up with a whole bunch of people side by side not realizing the consequences of their actions.
Every stupid rule has a reason for being in place: Someone did that (insert "how could he have done that thing) here ___________ despite the very obvious reason for not doing it.

was at Port Dover over a week ago---coffee run at Tims---came in the back road and surprise surprise , that unsightly scrap metal mess has been all cleared up. looks like its being prepped for???? and condo at old Misener site underway as well. sorry for the hijack :oops:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks