Dover Perch

Bent Pole

Hi to all.

I would like to get my mother in law out of the house to keep her active. She is 80 and likes to fish but you have to just take her there as she believes she can't do that anymore.
She lives in Port Dover so I was wondering if there are any spots land or boat to get her out for awhile and catch some perch/bass to give her a enjoyable moment. I have not seen any reports from this area which makes me think things are slow at that end of the lake.
Thanks to all who can supply some information.

BP

My guess is that it would be slow right now, hopefully the locals will chime in though. Get a scoop of minnows and you just never know.

BP......Fishbuster caught a lot of fish from shore by the restaurant over in Turkey Point recently. Most were pumpkinseed and bluegill but he said many were big enough to keep. I saw a school of 10" perch in the boating channel but they were probably inaccessible. I've fished by the restaurant in the fall and it is quite a popular place. Some days it is full of perch. Access is by taking the road by the TP beach west until it ends in a turning circle where you can park and walk down to the water by the little bay used by watercraft going to the restaurant. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi to all.

I would like to get my mother in law out of the house to keep her active. She is 80 and likes to fish but you have to just take her there as she believes she can't do that anymore.
She lives in Port Dover so I was wondering if there are any spots land or boat to get her out for awhile and catch some perch/bass to give her a enjoyable moment. I have not seen any reports from this area which makes me think things are slow at that end of the lake.
Thanks to all who can supply some information.

BP

cant add to any of the suggestions-----but there is a lady resident in Dover i believe who regularly fishes the pier in the spring who is also in her 80's. she usually out-fishes the men hands down. wont mention her name but those who fish the pier at that time will know who i'm referring too.

Thank you veryone for your input/suggestions. Turkey Point would be a nice drive to get her out of the house and keep her active. As long as there is some action she would keep at it and enjoy her day. Again thank you all.
I'll mention the lady to my mother in law Packrat and she just might know something about her. The mother in law likes some trips down to the pier to look around.

;):smuggrin:For sure Stomp. I will pre worn her of that comment as I would hate to see her slip in and get eaten up by any of those OLD Lake Erie CROCS floating around. lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks