Dollars and Cents

bassaholic

The Liberal governments massive overspending in an attempt at removing "scary" guns from the streets ....correction from law abiding citizens is really going to sting the pocketbook?

Really ? Did we think he would do anything else but carry on his promise as the new sheriff in town to wipe out crime ? Pandering to the masses are what politicians do, especially the ill informed masses. For some strange reason it appears that those charged with illegal possession can be back out on the streets in next to no time !
The cops know who the bad guys are but must act according to our Charter of Rights but the courts don't enforce the laws even after they [ LEO's] perform their duties as per our laws. They should spend that money on more jails and throw all the gangsters in !

Old Cut, agree with what your saying, except for the build more jails and cage them all. No way, not on my dime. One, jail cures no one, just makes them harder, but more so, we pay for that? Well over 100G to house a person for a yr? I want something for my buck$, work farms, not 1950's style chain gangs, but something for the cost besides playing cards and lifting weights. Murderer's, killers ect, yey, small cages, but 85% are peddy crime. Shorter sentences if they agree, double them if they f it up, today's tech this should be easy. Problem comes because labor unions will scream its taking there work? Back breaking work, growing their own food to start, cleaning roads, helping the elderly so they can stay at home? Look how many off shore workers we bring in to harvest fruit, veg ect, and mean while we have drunk driver's, phone scammer's, peddy theft folk, addicts, and the list is endless, honing their euchre skills and waiting for steak or pizza night? Yey, may sound like a crotatgy old man, I am, but when a inmate cost us over 100G, and my mail person here for example, that never misses a day, pulls in 30G, think we have a problem?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks