Divers are Down

Buddy Boy

Hello Guys,

The "divers" are down at Long Point.

They must have taken advantage of that cold front with the north wind that slipped through here on Friday night and Saturday morning.

I saw four separate rafts in the Inner Bay but outside of the unit on Saturday afternoon.

Jerome

If they are here not much being shot was out all weekend and only shot 2 redhead there are some but not much. Lots of wigeon and a few ring necks .

quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Boy

Hello Guys,

The "divers" are down at Long Point.

They must have taken advantage of that cold front with the north wind that slipped through here on Friday night and Saturday morning.

I saw four separate rafts in the Inner Bay but outside of the unit on Saturday afternoon.

Jerome

Yup... limit on the bay Sunday. Mostly divers.

Great news, thanks for the update! Now I just have to make it through the work week!

Some are down but not till the week you go out and limit on only drake reds and cans for 6 days, thats when you know they are here. Couple buddys that guide outwest says there still out there, so hopefully soon. dont want to rush em we its a long season

Who ever said divers are down should get out in the lake we have been at pottahawk since this morning and haven't seen 50 ducks hope they get here soon

dont rush them markus, got another month before you even have to worry about it getting cold. Go shoot them mallards me, neumann butch and jay pounded on last weekend. They will be there still

Where? Thousands maybe a couple thousand should be tens of thousands this is the slowest start to the migration in 15 years. I have a log book that we have been keeping track of hunts for the last 15 years at long point and this has been the slowest start to the hunting that we have seen. We are usually shooting lots of divers by now and have hardly seen any we are getting some but not the numbers we are usually getting. With the weather that is coming this week it is going to be another two weeks before good hunting is here.

Hey Boys,

Just got back from Manitoba, Big Cans aren't quite there yet. Shot lots of divers and puddlers.

Tons of ducks there but Donalds right, big rafts have yet to come from the paw.

I'll post some pics when i get a chance

Pintail

When the fog lifted this morning Thursday October 25th there were a couple of huge flocks off Port Dover Harbour Marina and eastwards. At least 2000 birds - ringers, redheads and bluebills. Lake is like glass and not a soul banging.

DAVEEO

hunted thursday and friday, shot 3 pintails, 2 buffs, and 1 hen old squaw in little rice last week. SLOW, saw thousands of high flyers heading out to the lake but nothing coming into LR. Quite a dissapointment after a 8 hour drive and going threw customs twice [xx(]

Hello ChriskillsCans,

I hope that you did not plan your trip based upon my post because it was just to let the guys know that the divers have started to arrive at Long Point not that they have arrived in great numbers.

Send me an e-mail at thebuddyboy@hotmail.com regarding this.

Jerome Katchin

PS Was that an 8 hour drive one way or return trip?

Ill send you an email, are you local? I made the trip from Pennsylvania. My dad and his buddies will be going back this week Thurs, Fri, Sat. Hope the shooting is better for them this week than it was last week. Its an 8 hour trip one way from PA to the point.

No worries on the report, we generally come these two weeks every year. Shoot em in October, watch em in November ... well atleast thats what I tell myself

Hello ChriskillsCans,

I was born and raised in the Montreal area, worked in the Toronto area after graduation from the Ontario Veterinary College and moved down to Port Rowan in 2004 before I retired in 2007.

I recently built a new house on the causeway and I own part of the Inner Bay so maybe that makes me a "local" ... not sure about that.

I think that I may have met your father last year on a Friday night at the ESSO service station in town. He was up from PA with his buddy and their wives hauling a large two tone battleship grey camo aluminum boat with a layout boat on top ... was that their rig?

I gave them some advice and showed them about as they did not have such a good day. They had come up on the Thursday, had hunted the Friday and were going to hunt the Saturday as well.

Jerome

That wouldn't have been them Jerome, We rarely hunt our layouts when we come up. We have a 19ft Lund I believe with a silver honda on the back. That is our newer rig, we used to have a "duck wrangler" brand boat for a bout 6 years. We got rid of it because of how large it was 2 seasons ago. Pretty much if you stop and talk to the guys on the point in LR last week and This week every year it is us. They actually are on their way back up their right now. We will have to meet some night next year when I am up, Ill buy ya dinner and we can talk ducks.

Stay safe, Chris

Hello ChriskillsCans,

I think that I saw them yesterday afternoon as they drove by my place and again last night in town as I saw their rig outside Godfather's Pizza.

I may have made an error about the layout boat as there are two groups from PA that I have seen up here regularly ... one has a layout boat on top of their rig and one does not.

Jerome

PS You are on for dinner.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks