Detroit river

Heading down to Windsor next week for work for a couple days. Anyone know if there's a point in bringing my rods and tackle?

Heading down to Windsor next week for work for a couple days. Anyone know if there's a point in bringing my rods and tackle?
@StringoftheThames[/USER] and YES!! Rods and tackle are small to carry along,and here is your chance to catch some walleye’s right from shore so I have been told.I have never fished the Detroit River,but by next week when you head down there,the walleye’s should be starting to move up the river.Tight lines & myself/others are looking forward of photo’s of walleye’s caught by you from the Detroit River!! Best of Luck & Walleye’s ON!! ?????

Last edited:
Places along the river to try, City Marina along the wall @ Little River, also Ambassador Park just before the Bridge 1/2 oz to 5/8 jig with white twister tail. Wally's bait is about 1/4 mile pass the bridge before the traffic light if you want to try minnows. Good Luck

Places along the river to try, City Marina along the wall @ Little River, also Ambassador Park just before the Bridge 1/2 oz to 5/8 jig with white twister tail. Wally's bait is about 1/4 mile pass the bridge before the traffic light if you want to try minnows. Good Luck
Thanks @Turbine @SonsOfPerchin @floatin rig and @Red Hering I'll be sure to let yall know how I make out. Tight lines everyone

Your not going to hit the walleye run right in the teeth, but you may pick a couple up. Bring perch tackle. There are plenty to be caught in the marinas, canals and boat launches at this time of year. Take a dip net also if you have one, you may be able to get free bait depending on the day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks