Detroit River Walleye Update.

B

big rod

Fishing season is a couple weeks behind this spring due to the cool spring we have been having.I fished solo last Sunday and ended up hooking two walleye and snagging a carp,water temp was 37.This weekend i fished mid and lower rvr with my neighbour Mike,Mike is a newbie on the rvr as of Saturday.We ended up hooking 9 walleye.We lost two at the boat,one was 2lbs the other was 10lbs.Water temp was 42.
This weeks weather will be perfect for bringing walleye into the rvr ,its finally warming up.I have one opening as far as weekend jigging goes its May 12,a client had to recently cancell because its Mothers Day.So if you want to book a trip bring your mom along:) .I am fishing Thursday to Sunday this week,so i will fill you in on the fishing next Monday.It should be getting better every day.Here are a couple pics from Sat.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ls%

MondayApril 8TuesdayApril 9WednesdayApril 10ThursdayApril 11FridayApril 12SaturdayApril 13
Conditions
6am - 6pm
d.gif
m.gif
m.gif
m.gif
b.gif
a.gif

A few showers Cloudy with showers Light rain Rain Cloudy periods
Sunny
P.O.P. 100% 70% 70% 70% 30% 20%
High 10°C 14°C 15°C 10°C 6°C
9°C

Feels Like 7 13 13 7 3 9
Low 6°C 9°C 9°C 5°C 2°C 3°C
Wind E 25km/h SE 10km/h S 25km/h N 25km/h NW 20km/h W 10km/h
24-Hr Rain
10-15 mm close to 5 mm 25-35 mm 10-15 mm -
less than 1 mm

Nice to be able to fish early like this. Good report and if Stomp goes share some pics:)

Nice it won't be long and they will be out at the mouth and moving our way. Lets hope the weather stays a little cooler this year. But for now the river it is.

Be down next weekend Chip, weather permitting.....can't wait!!

G.Mech send me a text if you are down that way.I am fishing 10 days straight starting April 19.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks