Detroit river walleye run

Lots have that fine print. Mine included. April 4 to November 4 for water. If you want to go earlier or later (Muskie) just have to call and get another month added.
Talk about bringing back an old post! On a side note last spring when I was looking for an insurance company that would insure my Lund from Dec 1st - March.31st which 99% of companies have a mandatory winter layup...I had a heck of a time and only found 2 companies that would allow me to pay by the month+premium for the months I use it from Dec thru March.

Ryan

Talk about bringing back an old post! On a side note last spring when I was looking for an insurance company that would insure my Lund from Dec 1st - March.31st which 99% of companies have a mandatory winter layup...I had a heck of a time and only found 2 companies that would allow me to pay by the month+premium for the months I use it from Dec thru March.

Ryan
Mine is with April marine and they were fine with adding a March or a November on if needed. Cheers ??

I guess that this resurrected thread needs a bit of an update on the reporting in requirements. As of June 2017, Canada Customs no longer requires you to call in when you leave & return to Canadian Waters unless you touch ground in the US, anchor in US waters, or enter an inland waterway. This is pretty consistent now with the US regulations which makes way more sense than the old deal.

Here is the link to the updated info:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pb-pp-eng.html

Last edited:
Can anyone PM me where to fish from shore from Canadian side. I'd like to take my kids.

I can't help much with that but check the Facebook page 'Detroit River Walleye Anglers". Most of the people on there are fishing the US side but there are also quite a few posts about shore fishing our side as well. We see quite a few shore anglers in the Windsor Art Park just north of the bridge and also a from the rocks at the foot of Mill Street in Queens Park.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks