Dessert Plans

Awesome, word of advice clean the dishes with cold water immediately " not hot it will cook the dough on it " that used , it's a bugger to get it off when it dries

That looks delicious @Mrs. Stomp
How did you make the chicken paprikas sauce ?
When I make that meal for salad I make my Mom's cucumber salad
Sliced English cucumber peeled" I use a slicer that has adjustment for thicknes and set it for thinnest "
Super thinly Sliced/ shaved garlic raw " it will cure from salt and vinegar "
Mix garlic , cucumber, salt and set a side for 30 minutes
Mix cold water " I add ice cube to get it cold " with vinegar and sugar for taste " sorry no measuring just by taste so it's not too sour and a bit sweet "
Add cucumber and garlic after 30 minutes
Let it sit in liquid for 30 minutes than drain
Fresh cracked blackpepper to taste
Sprinkle with Hungarian sweet paprika " its more for color than taste ,aldo if you have good quality it will add a nice sweet flavor "
Ready to serve in a salad bowl
Generally 2 cucumber is enough for 3 adults with 2-3 cloves of garlic

That looks delicious @Mrs. Stomp
How did you make the chicken paprikas sauce ?
When I make that meal for salad I make my Mom's cucumber salad
Sliced English cucumber peeled" I use a slicer that has adjustment for thicknes and set it for thinnest "
Super thinly Sliced/ shaved garlic raw " it will cure from salt and vinegar "
Mix garlic , cucumber, salt and set a side for 30 minutes
Mix cold water " I add ice cube to get it cold " with vinegar and sugar for taste " sorry no measuring just by taste so it's not too sour and a bit sweet "
Add cucumber and garlic after 30 minutes
Let it sit in liquid for 30 minutes than drain
Fresh cracked blackpepper to taste
Sprinkle with Hungarian sweet paprika " its more for color than taste ,aldo if you have good quality it will add a nice sweet flavor "
Ready to serve in a salad bowl
Generally 2 cucumber is enough for 3 adults with 2-3 cloves of garlic
@Ticker - the cucumber salad sounds like a nice side dish to the chicken and spaetzle - there will be a next time! For the paprika sauce, I modified a Chicken Paprikash recipe and it was: 1 onion (chopped), 2 garlic cloves (minced), 2 tomatoes (chopped), 2 cups chicken broth, 3 Tablespoons Sweet Hungarian Paprika and a bit of salt and pepper. Cooked this for about 5 minutes then blended to make it smooth. Made a mixture of 2 Tablespoons flour with 3/4 cup sour cream, stirred it slowly into the other stuff and cooked it for another 5 mins to get it bubbly. The original recipe called for an extra onion, a red pepper and 1/4 cup whipping cream but I omitted these. I'd make this sauce again.. and of course the spaetzle.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks