Democracy in Canada ?

Old Cut LongPointer

Once again we are being lied to and forced to pay for the Liberals political agenda ! The PM of Canada has decided to act now to ban all "assault style rifles" by using an "order of cabinet" to make it happen. No debate, no other parliamentary procedure and the worst is the taxpayers foot the bill ! Supposedly 1 billion dollars is the price tag to buy back all those legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens. Instead of putting our tax dollars to use fighting the illegal smuggling of guns into Canada for the sake of all Canadians our PM has decided to use it to fulfill his election promise and dare I say his ego. Makes one think what other tricks are up his sleeve and what do we have to give up next ?

I was having a really good day turkey hunting with my semi-auto shotgun until I started getting the text messages from my relatives up there. Maybe certain Canadians oughta just STFU on Trump and take a look around locally. Looks to me like when Castro knocked up Margaret you got a little dictator of your own. Unreal if what I’m hearing is correct. I also heard no buyback- you got two years to unload it or turn it in? Hopefully it’s “Moistly” wrong.

Here is the list that are immediately banned. My concern is the way it was done by using the "order in counsel" no discussion no debate no input just now law. What's next....
No word of how to stop the flow of illegal guns flowing in from the US just go for the group of law-abiding citizens that in my mind are not the problem.
I have never seen so many untruths and lack of understanding.

Shameful

https://firearmrights.ca/…/Regulations-Amending-the-Regulat…

Thanks for posting that list. Contradiction 1. Trudeau moistly said u don’t need an AR-15 to kill a deer but I just read your link and it says indigenous exemption where used for sustenance procurement....what?

I was having a really good day turkey hunting with my semi-auto shotgun until I started getting the text messages from my relatives up there. Maybe certain Canadians oughta just STFU on Trump and take a look around locally. Looks to me like when Castro knocked up Margaret you got a little dictator of your own. Unreal if what I’m hearing is correct. I also heard no buyback- you got two years to unload it or turn it in? Hopefully it’s “Moistly” wrong.
Sorry it ruined your day hunting with a semi, gunned a yote yesterday here with a 17 solid bolt, today a distemper raccoon wandering down the lane way, never felt the need to go full auto?
Kinda agree with this reg. but I don't know shit about arm's, hunted all my life but never got into the shooting sport's side. A 12 ga, pump, 17 utility rifle and a BP for deer, living in the rural, cover's all I need.
What will be a piss off, if/when they by these gun's back, and even talk about destroying them, at who know's what cost, then go out and buy new for Military or Police? Pay millions to grab them, destroy them, and then buy the same thing in the name of law enforcement or Military, thats bad

For those that don't care because they don't have have a semi-auto, wake up! This was just the start. Anti-gun activists won't be happy until no one has a gun. I was just watching CHCH news and they had a representative of Canadian Doctors for Protection from Guns, who said that this was a good first step to get guns out of homes and off the streets and to prevent suicides. The next step he said is going to be more difficult which will be handguns and regular long guns.

Sorry it ruined your day hunting with a semi, gunned a yote yesterday here with a 17 solid bolt, today a distemper raccoon wandering down the lane way, never felt the need to go full auto?
Kinda agree with this reg. but I don't know shit about arm's, hunted all my life but never got into the shooting sport's side. A 12 ga, pump, 17 utility rifle and a BP for deer, living in the rural, cover's all I need.
What will be a piss off, if/when they by these gun's back, and even talk about destroying them, at who know's what cost, then go out and buy new for Military or Police? Pay millions to grab them, destroy them, and then buy the same thing in the name of law enforcement or Military, thats bad

I don’t have anything full auto. Semi auto is the berries for waterfowl and turkeys in a nice compact 20 gauge. Yeah I could do it with a pump or one of my doubles but I prefer the semi. I daytime hunt coyotes with a single shot Ruger No 1 so I’m a step ahead of you in that bracket. I night hunt them with AR-15 set up especially for varmint hunting.. different strokes for different folks. I will warn u though - look around at ALL of the commonwealths and Dominions. Yep just gonna take those assault rifles. Then some nut used a Glock and they came for the handguns. Same old story - we respect you hunters. Don’t worry. Then some nut used a Remington 870 to kill someone and those had to go to. Check out Australia and the uk. Never trust a man that gave a terrorist 8 million bucks as an apology from Canada and then told the CDN vets that we just don’t have any extra money to help you guys. He could give a flying u know what about us hunters. As a demographic he knows most of us didn’t vote for him anyway

The best part of this is a quote from the goof himself JT...."you dont need an AR-15 to hunt deer" ....you know unless you're indigenous that is. Indigenous people are exempt from these new laws!!! I thought we we're to treat everyone equally and fairly? I'm not bashing indigenous peoples, I dont care who is exempt but I care about ANYONE being exempt to these new ridiculous laws!!

My response on another forum...wake up people!!!!

This legislation is smoke and mirrors attempting to lull the average non-firearm owner into a false sense of security by banning firearms that are already so heavily regulated you would never see one outside of a gun range anyways. Here's some REAL facts...
--there is no legal or technical definition of an assault rifle. This is a term used by gov't and anti gun groups to describe scary looking firearms.Military weapons that they are alluding to are high capacity magazine fully automatic guns...hi-cap mags and automatic guns are already illegal and have been for years.
--an automatic military weapon like an AR /M16 has never been used in Canada to commit a crime
--most gun crime is committed with illegal handguns..which again have been so tightly regulated in Canada for so long they are almost non-available. Almost all handgun crime is with guns smuggled across the border.
--the list includes the Ruger Mini-14. Its a semi-auto rifle used for years as a hunting rifle, small varmint control. Its not a military rifle. It was used to kill the students at Poly-technique in Quebec...thats the only reason its on the list...yet guns like Russian SKS are not...a military rifle sold by the 10s of thousands for less than $100 and fire a very lethal 7.62 X 39..similar to a .30 cal round (actually .312 cal)https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../95927696...
There are thousands of these in basements all over Canada, with thousands of rounds of cheap ammo
--Justin said you dont need an assault rifle to kill a deer....well what a stupid statement. First, the rounds that he was referring to are the .223 cal...what is used in M16s, the Ruger mini-14, etc. The .223 is a very small cal...just .003 larger than a .22 used for squirrels and rabbits, but in a high power case. It was used by the US military in the 60s in the M16 to allow the soldiers to carry more ammo in the field--these rounds were much lighter than the 30 cal ammo they were using before. the .223 is very fast..so has been popular for varmint shooting..ground hogs, etc...BUT HAS NEVER BEEN LEGAL IN CANADA FOR DEER HUNTING OR ANY OTHER BIG GAME!!!! My perfectly legal Remington 7400 semi-automatic deer rifle in 30-06 cal is a MUCH more effective weapon for killing, but it dosnt look scary...yet it has the same action, bigger round as as so called "assault rifle"

There are exceptions under the amnesty for Indigenous peoples exercising Aboriginal or treaty rights to hunt.

This was an order of counsel...which Bill C71 would not have allowed...but 71 was held up and stalled...????because it would have prevented Trudeau banning firearms with an order of counsel.

So don't let this order of counsel fool you...its not going to do what you're being told. Put the $$$ where it would do some good...border protection from smuggling, $$$ for proper checks to ensure law abiding Canadians are the only ones owning firearms, SEVERE sentences for anyone committing a crime with a firearm...like 15 years??, if they're from another country SEND THEM BACK. Remember, the criminals that have committed crimes with guns DON'T CARE about laws or threats of punishment...but they LOVE it when the general public joe citizen thinks they are all safe now......people, get you heads out of the sand. ...and remember...if a Gov't can do this to private law abiding citizens without consensus, they can do ANYTHING...
Edit or delete this

One of the most aggravating tings about all of this is the blatant lies Truedeau and Blair are spouting. For example they constantly talk about military grade "weapons" with high capacity magazines. Well semi-autos are limited to 5 rnds with an exemption for certain magazines that also fit a pistol and those are limited to 10 rnds.
Another point is they are always saying they need to get these "weapons" off the street. Well they are not on the street. They go from our homes to the range and back again. Same with the deer hunting quote. He gives the impression that we can use AR 15's for hunting which we cannot. We used to, my first one was a great groundhog gun.

I wasn't aware that natives had exemptions for using restricted firearms. To my knowledge they didn't otherwise they could use handguns as well.

Overall to me this is the aggravating part of the whole ordeal the lying and the refusal of the mainstream media to question or correct them. TC

The infuriating part of this is a MINORITY GOV'T used an Order in Counsel to bypass a DEMOCRATIC debate in Parliament which would have perhaps brought some form of sanity to this. This is what Dictators do.
Here is a good review of the stupidity....

You think this is bad... Red Flag Law wow has potential to get sideways in a hurry. But what concerns me even more is the discussion they are having around "safe storage" while it is being kept quiet they are looking at having a central location in each province where everyone will have to keep their current legal guns. If you want to go hunting or shooting you will have to make an appointment to pick it up use it and bring it back. This are going to get scary. This info comes from Gun industry people that are much closer to the situation than I am. I am only passing along what I have heard. Base Borden is being discussed for Ontario. Could you imagine....

The common sense is out the window with these people..When will the BS end ??

so I have a remengton vera max does this have to be turned in I don't understand
Non restricted means I own zero guns or at least thats all the liberals need to know.

This is WHY the liberals have to go. Justine knows hes running out of things to keep his party afloat, this is a straw man argument and completely political. They know the statistics on gun violence and where those guns come from they arent ignorant to the facts they are ignorant to doing what is right.
Sheer is a moron and checked out long before covid came up. Now the leadership race is put on hold... Liberals are taking advantage of the situation in the middle of a pandemic how classy. They know conservatives have no dog in the fight and the country is too busy focusing on more important issues like where the next dollar bill will come from to pay the mortgage etc. If this is how our liberal government works they have to go sooner then later. I bet 95% of cdns dont know about the AR ban, they are too busy reading about covid BS and trying to sew nifty looking face masks to sell to their friends. Shame on government of canada, this isnt the canada I signed up for!

I have also been keeping my eye open for the storage announcement that is supposed to come. That is really scary if they want a central storage facility. This would make such an easy target for criminals to secure a cache of guns. It would also be a really easy way to generate revenue from us since the storage would not be free and the gov't could easily create a new gun registry of sorts. It would also be a really easy way to make a bunch of law-abiding citizens give up ownership of their guns- which is exactly what the feds want- as a result of the hassle. It is disgusting how things are changing and the rapidity with which they are doing so.

You think this is bad... Red Flag Law wow has potential to get sideways in a hurry. But what concerns me even more is the discussion they are having around "safe storage" while it is being kept quiet they are looking at having a central location in each province where everyone will have to keep their current legal guns. If you want to go hunting or shooting you will have to make an appointment to pick it up use it and bring it back. This are going to get scary. This info comes from Gun industry people that are much closer to the situation than I am. I am only passing along what I have heard. Base Borden is being discussed for Ontario. Could you imagine....
Do you have any factual information regarding this? It seems very far fetched and I'm not really sure how it would be manageable, but then again nothing the liberal government does is.

@bassaholic like I mentioned this is what I have heard from gun industry people that are much closer to this then I am. Look at what just happened on Fri to a country I thought was democratic in the way we do things. I was clearly mistaken. What is stopping them from using another Order in Council to enact a safe storage law that we will have no recourse but to adhere to.....
I hope what I have hearing is wrong and that this Government doesn't do it, but with the lies and miss-truths that have been coming out of Trudeau and Blair the last several weeks it's anyone's guess.

BTW has anyone heard about the Mounties Shooting up the fire hall in N.S? Funny they are not talking about that..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks