DEER SIGN

blackdog

I thought I would start a post like last year on the deer ...temp are hot bugs are bad...but Bow season will be here shortly....trial cam showing fawns still having spots...no signs in woods from the Bucks....

No sign of rutting at my place. Does are monitoring my mock scrapes. No bucks around so we will wait and see.

stills spots on the fawns on my cams, one doe has triplets! They are loving the crab apples and the old salt lick stump!
Only buck so far comes in the middle of the night, young 8 pointer.
With this heat, ill likely be waiting till 3rd week of October to start my sitting, love the last week before the first November shotgun hunt.

Haven't seen much here at home place since early summer, Thamesford area. BUT, this AM, stupid early for morning Tims, (new lids suck}, 3 different buck sighting's, first good cool night seemed to start things up.
Going to be alot of late corn still on for the early hunts, good luck all?

Checked trail cams last night in the Bayham area. Lots of activity from does and turkeys during the day but the bucks are only around from 1:30am till about 3ish. Hopefully they will make some daylight appearances during the rut.

New member here but excited to find this forum and to see how everyones hunting seasons turn out !

Checked my cameras last week ,no bucks . Plenty of does ,one camera shows a doe and two fawns , about the same time every evening .

cooler temps will get them moving around more. Cell cam sent this pic yesterday morning of a young buck working a scrap. A doe came and checked it out also about an hour later

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 49
One thing I've learned the last couple of years is bucks could be here today and gone tomorrow, they seemed to switch patterns as soon as mid October comes. Now whether it was related to other hunter activity in the area, coyotes or corn being removed I'm unsure. All I know is I had 3-4 nice bucks that I saw daily on the cam (at night times) last year and by 3rd week in October they were nowhere to be found. Frustrating but a lesson learned about hunting for a newbie.....good luck to all!!!

One thing I've learned the last couple of years is bucks could be here today and gone tomorrow, they seemed to switch patterns as soon as mid October comes. Now whether it was related to other hunter activity in the area, coyotes or corn being removed I'm unsure. All I know is I had 3-4 nice bucks that I saw daily on the cam (at night times) last year and by 3rd week in October they were nowhere to be found. Frustrating but a lesson learned about hunting for a newbie.....good luck to all!!!

Bucks will for sure switch their patterns from summer to fall. You know where there summer hang out is now you have to figure out their fall location

Hunt the does and bucks won't be far away

Look for multiple deer trails close together at funnels and fence lines
If you see 3 deer trails ...the most used will be does and fawns...and other 2 will be bucks ....dominate buck will make own trail and Kris cross doe trail

This pic is from August and will pull card this weekend. Have 5 bucks hanging out here but that will end soon when the testosterone flow begins.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 75
We still have fawns with spots also....but they look bigger than normal

I saw 1 scrap last weekend ....have couple resident small bucks and a big 8-10? Pt showing up once a week during mid day
And odd nite time pic

we had an excellent frost last night in Woodstock.!!
Those Bucks are gonna start getting horny now!

Wish my son didn't take all the trail cameras with him up to school....
Oh well guess I'l have to rely on looking through my scope to see some nice deer.

cheers

These guys are hoping..

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 53
Oh ...you know its on now ….my doe ...my doe …….....

Attachments

• WGI_0041.JPG
    WGI_0041.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks