Deer licence/seal and where to find them

Old Cut LongPointer

So I get my Validation Tag for 90B Nov 5-11 Controlled Hunt...… Yeah ! Head into Port Rowan to the Old Port Variety who is the only issuer in town but I'm told that due to MNR's new system being introduced they chose to opt out of it. Government is pushing everyone to purchase on line.....all well and good if you have the toys and the savvy to do that. Some old timers don't. So now you have to print out your own Deer Seal …. on paper ? The Government wants you to buy a plastic luggage tag to put it in then attach it to your harvest ? OH ! Best part is you pay $51.80 for this privilege !!!

So I'm told Ferris's Old Cut Livery down on The Point or Stillwells in Fairground are the nearest. Also Service Ontario in Simcoe. If anyone wants to add to the list please do. Maybe the Service Ontario office in Port Rowan will become an issuer ?

I did the same day. Stillwells is probably closer to me then Port Rowan. Entered his Spring Turkey draw and won Longest Spur prize. Bird was only 21 lb 1 oz and the beard was 292mm but the spur measured 43mm. So if anyone wants/needs deer licence/seal like we had last year Stillwells is still selling them.

Just bought mine, Home Hardware, they made a point of telling me next yr after decades of licences service, they're out. For the equipment and time involved that the ministry expects them to buy, no way cover's their cost??
Old Cut, wish I would have read your original post more thoroughly, holy sticker shock? $50 something bucks? Probably my last yr? Pay it now for the comerauttity with the guys, but $50 licences, butchering, gas to travel, buys me alot of store bought meat?
Further to that, I live in the rural and have to run a electric fence to keep deer out of the garden? 35 + hit in Elgin last week, insurance cost get passed on to us all?
If the ministry is trying to drive out hunting, their doing a good job, but don't they get that's their future to??

You live in the most wholly liberal province In the country with the biggest sub national debt in the world. What do you expect.

Be aware that Sunday is the last day to buy your deer tag. After that there are NO sales until after Dec. 31.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks