Deer Jerky

Some of the thicker pieces are still in the dehydrator but just took these smallest thinnest pieces out
I like to let it cool before eating
Slancy has already munched a bunch of it lol

8BF11E28-2B99-4218-894B-31544CB358D5.jpeg

6CAC420C-4BE6-4FB8-84FB-E420BDB645BB.jpeg

Not bad needs more pepper. Just followed a recipe online
Kinda like my old jerky recipe, little this little of that lots of this and that hahaha usually turns out awesome haha

Derkd9 I've resorted to marinating mine between 48 and 72 hours.

Derkd9 I've resorted to marinating mine between 48 and 72 hours.
You like that better???
Mine seems to be soaked all the way threw
Just wish I put more pepper in

I was shy with it as I’ve put too much pepper in before

Yes I believe the longer the better after many years of trying. I put in a big ziplock and move it a few times each day. I used to add different hot peppers but not I just grind two tbsp of black peppercorns in a spice grinder per batch and it leaves a nice moment of heat on the tongue but doesn't burn.

Yes I believe the longer the better after many years of trying. I put in a big ziplock and move it a few times each day. I used to add different hot peppers but not I just grind two tbsp of black peppercorns in a spice grinder per batch and it leaves a nice moment of heat on the tongue but doesn't burn.
Nice okay!
Yah I only put half tablespoon in
So I’m shy on that for sure

Here is my age old recipe that I’ve modified over the years. I sometimes let the brine sit for 24 hours to marry before I add the meat, and then no less than 48 hrs in the brine.
The guy that processes my deer leaves all the long muscle roasts in 1 1/2 to 2 pound sizes and there’s very little blue skin on them and all long grain for slicing. We rarely use a roast so he labels it as jerky.

Oh and mine takes two days to cure. I put it on racks in our gas Garland oven and the pilot flame holds it at 110 f without ever turning the oven on.

Attachments

• 2331D0D1-C6BD-4EE6-B89D-934E59DF192B.jpeg
    2331D0D1-C6BD-4EE6-B89D-934E59DF192B.jpeg
    385.9 KB · Views: 12
Here is my age old recipe that I’ve modified over the years. I sometimes let the brine sit for 24 hours to marry before I add the meat, and then no less than 48 hrs in the brine.
The guy that processes my deer leaves all the long muscle roasts in 1 1/2 to 2 pound sizes and there’s very little blue skin on them and all long grain for slicing. We rarely use a roast so he labels it as jerky.

Oh and mine takes two days to cure. I put it on racks in our gas Garland oven and the pilot flame holds it at 110 f without ever turning the oven on.
Awesome thank you for sharing this! 😊

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks