Deer Creek

SonsOfPerchin

Just curious if anyone has been brave and went on Deer creek yet?

Is ice fishing a normal event on Big Creek? I have a grandson that I would like to introduce to ice fishing and feel it would be better in an enclosed environment on Deer Creek rather that out on the bay even though I live right there

Deer Creek doesn't have the most consistent ice in my experience. Use caution on that lake for sure....personally I'd think you'd have better action and just as good of ice on LPB. Follow the well used trails there and you'll be fine, or better yet splurge on a hut for the day and ensure the young fella is comfortable and has a good experience :giggle:

Josh

thanks Josh.....I have the quad and all of the gear. Just not sure what all of the BS is required to actually run on the bay with a youngster

Deer Creek has springs you want to avoid. I used to take pics as she was freezing so I knew where they were. Along shore from the beach to the campground on the east side was always the last to freeze. As far as catching fish, we did better on the bay.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks