Deer butcher Whitechurch/Wingham down to Bayfield

King Joe

Hey, just found out yesterday our regular cutter in our area isn't cutting this year. Looking for a cutter in the area. Any leads? Thanks in advance for suggestions/contacts.

King Joe Outa Here!

Is it mandatory to hire butcher?
doing it at home is easy. lots of youtube videos how to go about it. explained by cuts of meat. so you can get what your looking for.
I've noticed that majority of butchers are not willing anymore to cut beef and deer in same place.
I do my own cutting and grinding, saves me $100 plus every year.
Not sure what you are exactly looking for , but hope you find what your looking for.

If you can find a local cutter to your area, you may want to throw him a pre-hunt bone?
Last season took a nice 6pt early, and did the cutting here at home, have for yrs, as mentioned above, its not that hard.
We had tag's left come the end of the week, went back to pack up blind, and came home with a beauty 10. I'm old, it had been a long hunt week, and decided to pay to get it processed?
I called all the places around here, they were all full, just glad last season was good for hanging, temp wise.
Cut it myself, worked out fine, but would have paid for it. Every place I called, late in the week, were out of cooler space.
The large gangs were dropping them off 20 or more at a time, cooler space was not even one more?
Good Hunting

in my opinion with years of hunting experience to try and get tender & flavorful venison/meat..and with a local November mature whitetail is hanging your deer for the 5 to 6 days in a controlled temperature meat cooler and my butchering instructions are followed..

I have repeated that important process with bear moose elk caribou..before I decide to buy a tag and go on a hunt I have cold storage walk in cooler and experienced game butcher lined up with suitable facilities and phone number to get it hanging ASAP...
20181111_111301.jpg my last 2 local deer hung there..see the steady temp.. and the meat was good..

20181031_180455.jpg theres a few good quality smoke houses around to if you enjoy smoked game meats..

Last edited:
Thanks all for the responses...though good, none actually were answers to the question: does anybody have information/leads/recommendations on deer butchers in the Whitechurch, Lucknow, Wingham area?

I've cut my own game for many years; virtually all species including elk, moose, bear, goat, sheep and deer (whitetail and mulie)....cutting or cutting experience is not a problem....and whitetail don't take a lot to time. Problem is typically hanging and cool/cold enough temps to do so, so the meat doesn't spoil. I don't have access to a cooler....but have garages. Again, suitable temps are more the issue....and early forecast for next week...looks warm again.

Does anybody have contact information for a cutter?

King Joe Outa Here!

Hey King Joe just a thought..I know Goderich Bayfield area has hot n heavy deer huntin harvest for years...I would think theres possibly local game butchering around that area..you could call around and ask...Matt at blue water taxidermy outside Varna might know..you could also check north and ask lake huron rod & gun in tiverton.. I had the pleasure of meeting a couple back in the spring that own Trophy taxidermy in exeter..can't hurt to call..
its my experience/knowledge there are connections with game butchering shops and taxidermy down here..
Good luck..

Lake Huron Rod and Gun closed it's doors in June, very sad to see Brad close shop. If you travel from Lucknow north to Kinlough and turn right on the sideroad in middle of town , there is a place on the right hand side about mile down the road with sign out front advertising wild game processing. Don't know his name or if he is any good.

Hey ark angel,

Yeah, that WAS the place we used for the last pile of years. They sold the property. We dropped in on the new owner...he said, in a sketchy way..."yeah, I'm gonna keep the business.....and start cutting 'this' year". Umm, have you cut before, no....but Sherry and Ross are gonna come back and show me. Ok, thanks.

And here I was...looking for a cutter. We found one and they were good...and were fortunate to have got some deer to test them. Our new place.

King Joe Outa Here!

Good to know about the guy in Kinlough. We use s guy near Ariss on hwy 86 near Guelph. He is an excellent guy to work with. Great venison pepperettes and summer sausage.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks