dec 26th

just wanted 2 know if anybody knows what happened out there 2day we were out at blind 40 saw fire n rescue at port rowan and at sand boy there was a rescue boat out in the west end they were gone when we came in so i assume n hope everybody is ok PS we didnt get any my partner,s got a new squeeze n he likes her better than ducks so we left at 12:30 some people just gotta get their prioritys straight eh!!! good luck out there play safe

jonny1duck

I heard on the scanner that a boat capsized. Other info I heard was 5 guys which to me in any boat is extreme but sounded like they all made it to shore safely and cops were making sure all firearms were located. Should make the paper tommorow.

Delhi, Ontario

My thoughts exactly. Even 3 guys would be pushing it. Johnny I hear ya on the whole partner/woman holdback lol my partner basically bailed every trip and i gave up asking and started going alone. Kinda peaceful sometimes.

Delhi, Ontario

i dont know of 2 many 14 ft boats that hold 5 guys and all the board members r my friends so if anybody has any real info on 2days trouble down there please post it thanks if its just negative hearsay save it 4 ur friends if u have any?

jonny1duck

Easy there 1duck. I only read on here there were 5 guys and later found it was a 14' boat so that makes no sense at all.
So the real info was in past post. The rescue ended and they seem to have hunters in, condition unknown.

If they are board members they could let us know they are OK....right?

Check me out on Face Book
Big Daves Fishing Charters
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/BigDavesFishingCharter

Binkley and I drove down thinking of picking a spot this morning at the unit, when we saw the sheet there were 6 groups on the list with 3 of them being outside blinds, so we headed back to St.Williams and stopped at the donut shop and there was 2 groups with only skiffs, not sure if it was one of the groups, hopefully everyone made out ok.
We shot off of St.Williams and did well, with the ENE wind it was sheltered, but the launch at Booths was pretty icy when we come back in. Put the boat away this afternoon, so only shore hunting till the end now.

Hello Guys,

I came down with a sudden case of the flu on Monday afternoon ... big time! Consequently I did not risk going out yesterday so soon after my recovery on Christmas Day.

I could see hunters at Blind 40 (Jonny1duck and "wannabe" partner), Blind 34, and one guy in Zone B. I heard some shooting periodically during the morning and then the weather turned nasty later in the afternoon. That strong east wind pushed a lot of water into the west end of the Inner Bay with small "white caps" coming towards the shoreline.

I heard the Fire Rescue vehicles as they went past my place and later I went outside to attend to my kayak which had blown off my patio. Birds were flying however and I heard the odd shot but what a day to be out there!

I also heard a few shots from the St. Williams area (Bufflehead and partner) ... good for them.

Jerome

PS Jonny1duck ... please take my comment in the fun that it was intended ... been there too!

ya once the wind and snow came the bluebills went crazy for the spread the total for the day was 7 bluebills 2red hens and 3 red drakes great way to put the boat away for the season thanks again for a sucessfull last and second last hunt of the year bufflehead.
remember i still have till the ens of next week to shoot the creek and lake for some fat mallies. ;)

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks