Dead Hog (warning, Gruesome Pic's)

can't miss

Came across this today well looking for puff balls. I believe farmers are allowed to put dead stock in a bush as long as its fairly out of site? This was, but no drag marks or quad trail to were it was? Also land owner of bush is poultry not pig's, and all the farmers in this area use dead stock pick up containers.
Probably just someone dumped a hog, but what caught my eye was the tusk and amount of hair on it.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3247.JPG
    IMG_3247.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_3250.JPG
    IMG_3250.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 303
MNR confirmed, (by photo's), it is a boar. Besides that they're pretty tight lipped?? Kinda did take it threw conversation it's not the first sighting in southern Ont.

Well that's pretty interesting.....hope the don't start breading like yotes an populating southern Ontario! Any ideas what might have caused it's death??

I few years back my friend kept cattle in a summer grazing pasture. When we rounded up the beef on Grey Cup day he warned to watch for hogs when I was out rounding up the steers. He said a local hog farmer had some escape and they had gone wild living in the bush.
Had I been a hunter then it might've offered some good pork.

Thank you for informing me where Porkchops final resting place is. After we fed the grandson's pot belly pig some fast grow,glow in the dark hay from Naticoke he broke the door down and we hadn't seen him since. R.I.P.

Hey Fishstalker, showing my age but that wouldn't have been back in the 70,s would it, St Thomas area? We were bush rats growing up and there was a season the bush was off limits for just that reason? Farmer's started carrying arms during harvest that yr and removed them, but from what I remember, long time ago but I guess they were not pretty, turned feral grew long and lean, domestic,s but had got loose before nutting or tusk removed.

Hey Fishstalker, showing my age but that wouldn't have been back in the 70,s would it, St Thomas area? We were bush rats growing up and there was a season the bush was off limits for just that reason? Farmer's started carrying arms during harvest that yr and removed them, but from what I remember, long time ago but I guess they were not pretty, turned feral grew long and lean, domestic,s but had got loose before nutting or tusk removed.
80's

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks