Off Topic Day trip to Michigan

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Went for a ride over to Cabelas and did some other shopping
63EC6221-41DB-4D85-B397-B03D60AE5539.jpegBD3B4CC8-EA53-42C8-B782-8DC2583CA6C9.jpeg
@Trevor M do you have this chair for fishing the Port Bruce Pier?
E42692F0-A593-46FE-9AA0-68A0C1C094D5.jpeg2CA906D8-70F3-40E7-8CE1-AA73D8A2CDD0.jpeg

Saw a couple good lookin shepherds that I said hello to.
A7116386-EDEA-4E52-B4FC-A67148C413C0.jpeg
Stopped at the Beach in Port Huron to smoke a legal joint we got from JARS Cannabis…
E9EC877A-DED9-4717-A0D2-1B6425FC1CBB.jpegEFABFB78-2111-4CF5-99FC-E9A15FCC6458.jpeg95FF706E-6B36-4B8D-9094-8BD5BAF6613C.jpeg
but the actual smoking it part I guess we could of got in trouble. Lol got a yummy burger and shake from Big Boy
B06B118A-BEC7-4BE9-BBF5-114309D74801.jpeg4F08F021-94D9-4B06-951D-DA0B4BD3518C.jpeg

I think smelled colors the last time i was downwind of you a few years back during Bass opener on the bay

Went for a ride over to Cabelas and did some other shopping
View attachment 71285View attachment 71284
@Trevor M do you have this chair for fishing the Port Bruce Pier?
View attachment 71281View attachment 71283

Saw a couple good lookin shepherds that I said hello to.
View attachment 71280
Stopped at the Beach in Port Huron to smoke a legal joint we got from JARS Cannabis…
View attachment 71275View attachment 71276View attachment 71279
but the actual smoking it part I guess we could of got in trouble. Lol got a yummy burger and shake from Big Boy
View attachment 71278View attachment 71277
That brings back memories. There use to be Big Boys at Shoppers World in Brampton when I was a kid

@Derkd9

No that is not the chair I use on the pier. I wouldn't be able to get in or out of that one without causing some serious pain in my back and hips. It's not "sturdy" enough to offer the kind of support I require to be "comfortable" but I never really am totally comfortable and if you come join me on the pier on any given day, you'll notice I tend to get up and stand just as much as I sit. I have too because if I don't stand up every once in a while, I may not be able too when I need/want too, ie when I call it a day. I do the same thing when I go out with @tailfeathers in the boat.

THIS is my chair. I made a few more modifications to it for comfort since this picture was taken. There is now a side table like the one in the second picture on both sides of the chair and the one on the left has a proper rod holder attached to it (That rod in these pictures is the one that some nasty fish decided it wanted to take into the lake in 2021.)

I got it at Giant Tiger and am considering replacing this with another similar to it since this one is several years old now and I noticed last year that it was getting a little too worn. If not this year, I'll be replacing it next for sure.

Attachments

• May 27 2021 First fishing trip of the year (8).jpg
    May 27 2021 First fishing trip of the year (8).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 31
  • May 27 2021 First fishing trip of the year (6).jpg
    May 27 2021 First fishing trip of the year (6).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 31
Nice road trip you and your buddy ventured out on Derkd9. I am sure you had an enjoyable day together. It's nice to do that with friends at times.👍👍👍👍(y)(y)(y)(y)

@Derkd9

No that is not the chair I use on the pier. I wouldn't be able to get in or out of that one without causing some serious pain in my back and hips. It's not "sturdy" enough to offer the kind of support I require to be "comfortable" but I never really am totally comfortable and if you come join me on the pier on any given day, you'll notice I tend to get up and stand just as much as I sit. I have too because if I don't stand up every once in a while, I may not be able too when I need/want too, ie when I call it a day. I do the same thing when I go out with @tailfeathers in the boat.

THIS is my chair. I made a few more modifications to it for comfort since this picture was taken. There is now a side table like the one in the second picture on both sides of the chair and the one on the left has a proper rod holder attached to it (That rod in these pictures is the one that some nasty fish decided it wanted to take into the lake in 2021.)

I got it at Giant Tiger and am considering replacing this with another similar to it since this one is several years old now and I noticed last year that it was getting a little too worn. If not this year, I'll be replacing it next for sure.
A red chair would be much more sturdier @Trevor M but harder to find,( they tend to sell out fast! ),and unfortunately much pricier than other colour’s,and just saying!! 😝 I will bring my red chair along with me this summer for some pier fishing,and you will see me coming from a long distance away!! 🤣😝😉 🎣🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks