Daughter's Bear

Reel Therapy

Well we did our annual trip north so my daughter could ride in the rodeo and then bear hunt. We went out Sunday am and at 7:05 this beautiful bear came in. I am not sure who was more excited me or her... I was told my breathing was pretty loud :) . She was using her new 6.5 Creed and it did a great job on this bear. She will soon not be under the apprentice program and able to carry her own gun as opposed to one between us. Great program for young hunters to learn when to take a shot and what to do after the shot, ie tracking and taking time before pushing, besides great bonding time with my daughter in the stand and at camp.
Here are a few pics. BTW she was the only one to get a bear this year.

IMG_0790.JPGIMG_0795.jpgIMG_0797.jpg

congrats Davin ..and to your daughter hunting & harvesting A beauty ontario black bear...whats that 2 bear now for the young huntress..that is so great to see..

Last edited:
Thanks @mick you are correct that is number 2 for her. She helped me butcher it up last night and got it off to get summer sausage and Honey Garlic sausages done. She can't wait for waterfowl and deer season to start now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks