jph

hear that guys are catch kings at the dam has anyone real catch one there

quote:
Originally posted by fisherman

8no kings in lake erie[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

REALLY? Hmmmm.

Probably because they are in the rivers......[B)]

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

Yes there is kings in Erie. There was a few caught this year. Every year there are a few boxed as well as coho.

Reel Busy Sport Fishing
519-494-9308

Not as many as years ago but they're still around. No stocking on this side of Erie so it's all natural reproduction for the Chinnies.

quote:
Originally posted by Chromeseeker

Not as many as years ago but they're still around. No stocking on this side of Erie so it's all natural reproduction for the Chinnies.

Could be wrong chromeseeker, but I dont think they do much salmon stocking on the southside either? So all erie salmon are natural? My guess anyway.

DSCF3054.jpg

I stop by almost every day and chat. A few bows,fewer than at Caledonia where I go, no one has mentioned kings other than one at Ryerse. I got one salmon last year at dam. Too crowded, little room at dam.
Grand is now very high but really dirty,only got two yesterday.

None of the kings are natural saw 8 kings in Big Creek last week and 1 in the Otter
They are around just not in the numbers of Huron and Lake O

I fish the dam several times a week. Plenty of salmon there this year, we just aren't targeting them. A few have been caught, coho's mostly. I watched some spawning when the water was very low last week, could see the dorsal fins above the water. There was one large old one hanging around, he had a white tail. Followed baits around but wasn't taking them.

I heard a couple of guys caught some 20+lb ones earlier last month, but I couldn't tell you if they were chinnies or coho.

I does seem that the focus is now more on Walleye and Rainbows for the trollers so the salmon that are caught on the open water are now viewed as incidental or accidental. Good to hear that there are still some coming to the rivers. I haven't been around the Erie tribs for several years now and am a little out of the loop. Most of the guys I fish with are Huron river fishermen.

Good luck out there and stay safe

quote:
Originally posted by angler

I stop by almost every day and chat. A few bows,fewer than at Caledonia where I go, no one has mentioned kings other than one at Ryerse. I got one salmon last year at dam. Too crowded, little room at dam.
Grand is now very high but really dirty,only got two yesterday.

Hope you put one back at Caledonia. One fish limit with a Sportfishing license and zero with a Conservation license.

Second column from the left. Four up from the bottom.

scan0001-1.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks